Search Unity

Webassembly: no binaryen method suceeded

Discussion in 'Web' started by OOLE, Jan 3, 2017.

1. OOLE

OOLE

Hi,

i just downloaded the Unity Beta (5.6.0b3) and tried to use the new feature in the PlayerSettings for a WebGL Build: Webassembly (Experimtental). My Test-Project is a simple scene with a camera, directional light and a cube.

The build crashes when the progressbar says: Building native binary with IL2CPP...

I attached the Editor.log, but i think the responsible exception for the crash is:
    System.NotSupportedException: Need Unity source to use node

Is there anything i could do to solve this? Thanks!

OOLE

Attached Files:

2. OOLE

OOLE

I'm sorry i just noticed this Thread:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-5-6-how-to-use-now-the-jslib.447885/

I downloaded Unity 5.6.0b2 and the build runs fine now. But when i start the build in the Browser i get the following error:
    trying binaryen method: native-wasm (printErr @ UnityLoader.js:3)

failed to compile wasm module: Error: WebAssembly.Module(): Wasm decoding failedResult = expected version 0c 00 00 00, found 0d 00 00 00 @+4
    (printErr @ UnityLoader.js:3)

Uncaught no binaryen method succeeded. consider enabling more options, like interpreting, if you want that: https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki/WebAssembly#binaryen-methods

Any ideas what i can do to fix this?

Thanks,
    OOLE

3. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

This is your problem:

Code (csharp):
    2.  Wasm decoding failedResult = expected version 0c 00 00 00, found 0d 00 00 00 @+4
    While Wasm is still in development, the specification is still evolving, and the format changes on a regular base. Unity 5.6 currently emits WASM version 0xd, but your browser seems to support the older 0xc. You should probably update to a newer Nightly/Canary build.

4. OOLE

OOLE

Thank you! It works in Chrome Canary.