Search Unity

Question WebAR solutions

Discussion in 'AR' started by afurioso, Apr 6, 2022.

1. afurioso

afurioso

Hello everyone, I just discover WebAR and I would learn more about it. I try to find on the internet some interesting solutions that are integrable with unity.

I wonder: what is the best way to build a WebAR solution with unity?

I tried zapworks but it doesn't seem really good for world tracking and image targeting.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

2. Alin17it

Alin17it

Same problem, Unity desn't seem to have default WebAR implementation. You can try https://www.easyar.com/view/download.html#download-nav3. For me it's not the ideal solution because it's a paid sdk with free version which includes only 100 requests per day. But for now that's the best what I found

3. afurioso

afurioso

It doesn't seem what I looking for.

4. ericcraft_mh

ericcraft_mh

Blippar just released a beta of the unitypackage for their WebarSDK. More info can be found on their site here. They have an unlisted getting started YouTube video. They only bill for number of views and first 100 are free, and can easily test locally through Visual Studio Code.

Also, there is the De-Panther WebXR exporter, but that won't work natively on iOS until Apple decides to support WebXR. It will work with the old WebXR Viewer tough.

I enjoyed and had success with Zappar, but at my new company they wanted to hit us with a $10k annual bill due to revenue and forcing us to the Enterprise plan, eventhough we wouldn't make that much back on our projects.

-Eric

5. iMagesBlues

iMagesBlues

newguy123 likes this.