Search Unity

Web vs Mobile vs PC games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neo_sluf, Oct 26, 2014.

1. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

So if you want to start your very first game which platform is better to start..

Create a game for Web like facebook games?, or Mobile like on Android games or PC games?..

While you answer keep this bases..

- Easier to design
    - Easier to code
    - Marketing
    -Player Accessibility/Popularity
    - etc...

2. inafield

inafield

Make a game first. Then talk platform. I have co-workers and friends and family trying out some of my experiments which are teaching me what I need to know before I even get to platforms. So I'd have to say that desktop and web is easiest first.

3. Kinos141

Kinos141

Web and PC use the same buttons schemes.
    Mobile has a different architecture than the other two. In mobile, you have to account for device specs, screen size, mobile controls since the controls will be on-screen, taking up real estate. Personally, unless the game can be played with one thumb, I'm not playing it.

4. nbirko2928

nbirko2928

If you're just learning then do PC, but if you're an experienced user and you think it's time to release something, Mobile shows the best promise for actual downloads and exposure.

5. Kinos141

Kinos141

I disagree with that. I find it easier to put a web game up on a website then to get an apk in Google play. Website has easier exposure.

inafield and GarBenjamin like this.
  6. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I think you're right web games have the advantage for sharing the game and getting feedback. It is as easy as pasting the link in a Facebook post, email, etc and the user can start playing (assuming they have the web player already installed). One version of the game and people can play regardless of if they are on a PC, MAC or LINUX computer or even which major browser they are using.

inafield likes this.