Search Unity

Web service in Unity build: How to implement properly a SOAPExtension?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by mohydineName, Oct 24, 2013.

1. mohydineName

mohydineName

Hi all,

I am trying to have my app make a web service call. Part of the issue is as follows: I need to implement some sort of WSE UsernameTokenm as an authentication method. The libraray does not seem to exist for this in Mono. Is it correct?
    Base on this I would need to either create a custom SOAP header or maybe use a SOAPExtension and catch the message while they are built by the app.

So in the latter scenario, I would need to add some "web.config" to configure the SOAP extension, but where should I put this file?

Sorry for the brievity for this request, but I would love to provide more details if you have experience in this field.

Stephane

2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Is there any particular reason your service has to be SOAP based? I'm assuming it's a WCF service. You'll get better mileage out of Unity using a RESTful service instead. This will ensure better mobile compatibility. And you can set custom headers with the WWW class.

3. mohydineName

mohydineName

Yes I would love to use RESTful services but I am stuck with SOAP for compatibility reasons with the actual server service.