Search Unity

Web Player loader logo

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Joachim_Ante, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

2. taumel

taumel

Hi,

i would like to request that the needed loader components as the graphics can be included already in the content and that i'm not forced to keep them outside and download them seperately.

Regards,

taumel

3. marty

marty

I second Taumel's request.

What exactly was the reason for having them external in the first place, if I can ask?

4. freyr

freyr

Simple: Because the player files haven't been downloaded yet. ... and the images have to be available before the download starts.

5. taumel

taumel

The solution: streaming!

6. freyr

freyr

The current unityplayer format is not streamable. So until that changes, you will have to suffer the minor inconvenience of external loader images.

7. taumel

taumel

If linking to external members is meant as a interim solution until it will be possible to stream, i'm fine with that.

8. marty

marty

That is indeed a good reason, freyr. ;-)

Here's a suggestion, when you guys get to implementing streaming in the webplayer, be sure and provide a means for categorizing which parts of our movie can playback while the file is streaming to the client.

Or even better, please provide a means to have a very small webplayer load first to keep the user amused whilst it streams the main event webplayer in "behind" it, much as Flash and Director currently do.

9. marty

marty

Whew!

After a little work, I finally got it to work.

Thanks, Joe and freyr!

10. freyr

freyr

Just a clarification: I have no idea whether or when OTEE is working on implementing streaming the webplayer download or if one will be able to put the logos into the player when/if that is implemented.

So unless we hear something else the current mechanism for replacing the logos is the permanent way to do it.

Sorry if I have implied anything different.

11. marty

marty

I've been able to figure out everything escept for how to replace the progress bar in the Unity Widget?

12. marty

marty

No reply yet on my last post, so I figured I'd ask again ...

How can I replace the progress bar graphic with my own custom graphics in a Unity WIDGET ?

13. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

14. marty

marty

When I parse the UnityWidget.html file inside the widget generated by Unity, I do not see "progressbarimage" anywhere.

I see it in the index.html file generated by Unity when it makes a webpage, but no in the Widget package html file.

15. marty

marty

Disregard that last post - I figured it out. I just put an entry in that embeds: progressbarimage="myprogress.png" and now it works.

As a suggestion, you might wantto make the Widget code generated by Unity feature this entry. The Widget markup is a little hairy!