Search Unity

Web player - Full stand alone - no internet connection required

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dragonhill, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Dragonhill

Dragonhill

Hi, I'm pretty sure I know the final answer to this but I needed to ask it due to various requirements by a customer.

So here is the question,

-> Is it possible to plead, request, pay off any one at Unity so that I have the ability to embed the unity web plugin so that the final build may be delivered to a customer that will not allow their web browsers to connect to the unity server via the internet? (not even once)

Basically the security is so high any requests to download any plug in will fail.

A full explanation of why not would also be nice as I could then forward that to my superior. I have my own "guesses" as to why not but for now they are only that, just guesses.

Thanks everyone for your time reading this and even more patience for replying.

~D

2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

as long as you can plug a flash drive in to install the unity player, and as well as the built game - then that should work I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

of course you could prepare a machine (your personal notebook?) outside that network, and bring it in too...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  3. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Yes. Get in touch with your account manager, and ask them about our consultancy service.

5. Dragonhill

Dragonhill

Thank you Graham. I will forward this info.

I'm afraid I may have not fully understood the problem before I asked it. I believe the issue is that the webplayer plug in will not be allowed to be installed. At this point it seams obvious to me the webplayer just wont work with out it. This means the game must run natively inside the web browser. After searching I believe this cannot be achieved currently. Am I wrong?

Thank you for any information.

~D

6. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The webplayer is a browser plugin. If your customer does not allow browser plugins to be installed, either over the internet, or locally on the machine, then the webplayer cannot be used. In which case, they may want to use a standalone application instead.