Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Player for Unity 1.6.1 beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Joachim_Ante, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

We are getting ready for some broader testing of the web player for Unity 1.6.1.

Please check it out, also test your own content to ensure no backwards compatibility is being broken.

OS X web player:
    http://unity3d.com/unity_1.6.1f1/webplayer-universal.dmg

Windows build:
    http://unity3d.com/unity_1.6.1f1/UnityWebPlayer.exe

Here are some players to test against:

Garen's beauty:
    www.otee.dk/webplayers_beta/GrassDemo

Updated FPS Demo:
    www.otee.dk/webplayers_beta/FPS_Tutorial

Mega Pixels web player:
    http://yoggy.bluegillweb.com/megaweb/

Taumels collection:
    http://spielwiese.marune.de/_uni/

2. littlelingo

littlelingo

Will do Jo!

Thanks,

-- Clint

3. MatthewW

MatthewW

On my Windows desktop, the mouse cursor isn't properly hiding with the new cursor lock functionality. The cursor's position is caged, but you can still see it jittering in the middle of the Unity window. It works fine on my Windows laptop, though.

The other difference I noticed between my desktop/laptop is when I right-click in an app that doesn't do mouse locking. That shows "about unity, go fullscreen" menu. On my laptop the Unity application continues rendering behind the menu. On my desktop, though, rendering is frozen until I close the menu (but sound continues playing).

On my iMac the application continues rendering, too, so I'm thinking something is abnormal with my desktop.

[I was a little late to the beta list for 1.6.1 or I would've caught this earlier--sorry about that].

4. MatthewW

MatthewW

The Wacom tablet driver was causing the mouse cursor not vanishing problem. If I manually killed the Tablet.exe process the mouse cursor would properly hide.

5. drJones

drJones

seems to be working fine with an intel imac mighty mouse.
    the mouse focus feature is awesome (especially for FPS play ; )

6. pete

pete

Only tried garen's beauty (oh so pretty!) and it runs great here. Dense grass, great water, glow on... Using Firefox on the ol 733 quicksilver, 1gb RAM, 256Mb 9800...

7. peckinpah

peckinpah

stupid question: Is the demos just for 1.6.1-webplayers?

I tried the two first with a non-1.6.1 player and it said "failed to update unity player" after loading for a while...?

not sure of my player-version, but probably 1.5

8. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Yes, you just have the 1.6.1 player. Once it's live (1.6.1) your install would update instead of showing you the "cannot update" message (it cannot update as the bits aren't final and released).

9. rasmus

rasmus

Works fine and dandy on my MacBook (1.83 ghz) in Mac OS X (I don't have Windows, otherwise I would've tried)

10. StarManta

StarManta

iMac Core2duo.... works great.

BTW, that is a fantastic nature demo. absolutely gorgeous.

11. taumel

taumel

Now that 1.6.1 is out: What i really love is that for each person, no matter if it's a beta tester, a unity owner or just someone who visits this site for the first time you can get a lot of information already without downloading anything, beside of the html-pages. Detailed release information and docs, both are available!

Now it would be great if the amount as well as the quality of the video tutorials could improve.