Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Player fails to run game properly

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rienhl, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Rienhl

Rienhl

I'm currently using Win 7 and Unity 5.0.0fa.

Unity Web Player fails to detect Input, or at least that's my first idea, after first mouse click (on "Play" button to start playing my game).
    This happens equally on Chrome, Firefox and IE; changing tabs, resizing and reloading the page (as stated in some posts around the forums) is not working.

Curious thing is that the game runs properly on Unity, on WebGL and on PC .exe builds. I'm having this problem ONLY when building for Web Player.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't avoid thinking what a strange problem I've encountered.

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated!

2. Jaimi

Jaimi

I've not had any problem with input on the web player. However, it does only process input if it the browser is active and unity is selected (clicked on). if you click outside the player, or switch windows and come back, you have to click again.

3. Rienhl

Rienhl

Thanks for your reply man. Anyways I have tried what you said since it was a general recommendation around the forums (before trying the desperate "change tabs solution") and the problem persists. Couldn't find a solution at all.