Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

web gl wont build

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by kurylo3d, Nov 2, 2014.

1. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Attached is an image of the error unity gives me when i try to build. What am i doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. elbows

elbows

I'm pretty sure I read some other webgl forum posts to do with permissions when executing python.exe, so you might want to search for that sort of thing here.

3. aiab_animech

aiab_animech

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

It is difficult to tell from that screen shot exactly what the cause of the error is. If you can post the full Editor.log that will help, since it has the full text of all of the errors. Better yet, if you can submit a bug report with the project that causes this problem, then we can try to reproduce it.

If you do submit a bug report, please reply to this thread with the bug number, and I'll have a look at it. Thanks.

5. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

I submitted a bug report now. 645102 is the bug number. Thanks for the help.

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I've tracked down the cause of this problem, thanks for submitting the bug! It turns out that we had some code in IL2CPP that did not correctly handle the unbox IL opcode. Most C# compilers generate IL with the more flexible unbox.any opcode now. However, the UnityScript compiler will generate unbox from time to time, and this was one of those times.

I've put together a fix that should appear in an upcoming beta release. I'll respond here when I know what release will include it. Thanks again.

7. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Thank you!

8. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This fix should be available in 5.0b13.

WendelinReich likes this.
  9. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Great! Do you know when that is released for us?

10. LaneFox

LaneFox

At the rate things have moved so far, I would guess 2 weeks.

11. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, I can't say for sure. We have been doing a weekly beta release for some time now via our closed beta group (5.0b12 went out this week). I suspect that 5.0b13 will be available near the end of next week then for pre-order customers.

12. kurylo3d

kurylo3d