Search Unity

Web app doesn't work - why?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by baylor, Jun 12, 2010.

1. baylor

baylor

We try to do weekly Web builds of our game so that the distributed team can see the game status. Last night's build doesn't work and we don't know why

Game runs fine in the editor. No errors in console

We've made changes since the last build but nothing particularly major. File size is 11MB, roughly the same as before

Unity reports no errors generating a Web build (non-streaming)

Tried it on my remote Web server and locally

Running the game pops up a window "Unity Web Player Error Report". Lets us submit an error but doesn't give us any info

Web page says "The content was stopped because a fatal content error has been detected". Nothing else is reported. My app never shows so no debug statements i print will show. i have no idea how far the game got or if it ever made it to my code

With so little info, i have no idea how to debug this. Is there any way to learn more about the problem? This is my first Unity app. In Torque, when a game died, it left a text file with info. Does Unity have something equivalent, maybe writing to an IIS log or the registry or someplace? Is there any way to put in debug statements or pop-up windows that i can see? Is there a debug facility or tool i can use to look at this?

This has always worked before so i'm at a loss as to what's happened this time or how to debug it

2. medsouz

medsouz

Sometimes this happens to me with my internet browser then my friends try it and its fine, post a link see what happens to others.

3. andeeeee

andeeeee

You might want to look at the manual page about webplayer debugging if you haven't already done so. There are webplayer log files that will let you see Debug.Log/print messages to help you debug the player.

4. baylor

baylor

Andeeee, that's exactly what i was looking for. i don't know if i can add my own debug statements in there but it contains a lot of info generated by Unity which ought to be really helpful