Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

☁ Weather Maker ☁ AAA Clouds, Sky, Weather, Water, Volumetric Light & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jjxtra, Jun 30, 2016.

1. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 7.2.0 is submitted to asset store with a CloudSeed property that allows generating identical clouds on clients or between runs.

hopeful and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  2. jjxtra

jjxtra

I don't have a Quest to test on, you can email support@digitalruby.com with your order # and I can refund.

3. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Our latest video highlights Weather Maker!

Hope you enjoy this vintage creation of ours.
    Musical Composition by Teresa Silverthorn
    Art work by David Silverthorn

Assets Used:
    Gaia by Procedural Worlds https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/15277
    Forest Vision by Bauervision https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/20500
    Weather Maker by Digital Ruby (Jeff Johnson) https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/11088
    Pegasus by Procedural Worlds https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/15277
    Fawn by Asset4Indie https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/10644
    Bird Flocks- Butterfly, Sparrow, Hummingbird by Unluck Software https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/1075
    Woodland Animals- Deer by VintageSoft https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/21015
    Super Combiner by LunarCats Studio https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/18135
    Vegetation Studio by Awesome Technologies https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/25402
    Final Camera Effects Pro by Project Wilberforce https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/22764
    Inspector Gadgets Pro by Kybernetik https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/16747
    Easy Scatter by Hedgehog Team https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/1351
    MegaSplat by Jason Booth https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/25047
    Turbo Rename by Rob Reijnen https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/29405

Vincent454 and jjxtra like this.
  4. jjxtra

jjxtra

Amazing. This is very slick!

dsilverthorn likes this.
  5. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thank you very much!
    Weather maker looks amazing! Love the sun & skies I got from it for this video.

6. hopeful

hopeful

Always glad to see this approach, with determinism by seed. Thanks!!! :)

7. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Just bought this last weekend. I like it so far. I am building an FPS, and would love to be able to change the type of clouds and precipitation at midnight each night. I can't seem to find a way. What am I missing?

Mark

8. marcell123455

marcell123455

Hi,

I got Weather Maker in the Ukraine bundle and it is really nice! To say it first, this asset is way to overkill for my usecase so I wouln´t have bought it specifically, but since it has a very low performance impact, I want to make use of it in my project. I actually only want to use the clouds and thunderstorms / lightings. I configured everything so far but I have two small problems.

I don´t want the WeatherMakerCelestialObjectScript to affect my moon light when the clouds change. When I set the "Light Mode" to none it is still affected by the script. Bug?

How do I set a default cloud state that my scene is starting with? And when I want to change the cloud state with a custom script I assume I can just use the methods that the WeatherMakerConfigurationCanvasPrefab is also using?

Thanks ;)

9. XiongmaoHZH

XiongmaoHZH

How do I use only the cloud tool in my scene, I want it to make the right changes to the light I set myself

10. XiongmaoHZH

XiongmaoHZH

May I ask how do you only use the cloud tool in the scene, when I only use the cloud perfab and script the sky turns black.

11. joanpescador

joanpescador

Hi there.
    Anyone knows if snow overall terrain coverage of Weather Maker works in URP 12?
    Thanks,
    Joan

12. joanpescador

joanpescador

After digging a bit... seems that snow works only in deferred rendering mode? At least in built-in render pipeline?
    Anybody knows how to properly set the camera render mode in URP 12? I don't find the way to change to deferred, if that is the question for the snow FullScreenEffect to work.
    Thanks,

13. joanpescador

joanpescador

Hi there @jixtra.

Is there any update on that?
    We are making a game targeting high specs pc's with powerful gpu's and we want to keep it at forward rendering.
    WM cover all our necessities but still getting this dilema with a full terrain snow coverage sollution.
    Unity 2021.2 - URP 12.1

14. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I have made a quick test of the water scene after enable URP and it looks very good but it brought my mobile 2070 gpu to 4-5 FPS. I tried deactivating the light show, but it was still very slow. So I disabled the ocean and I got over 200FPS. So the water system on URP seems to be pretty expensive. Am I doing something wrong?

15. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

It's probably the reflections. I'm using a different water, Aquas, and lose 50 fps or more on a desktop with the built-in pipeline with reflections enabled.

16. hazzzmatazzz

hazzzmatazzz

Hi yall, has anyone encounter with one eye render problem for VR? LTS, OpenXR, using Quest 2. Every setup step is correct and I do get clouds and other effects on one eye but other eye is just blank sky. Same its single or multi, forward or other renderers, etc. Probably tried every setting there is but to no avail. I thought someone else might have it and found a solution. Thank you.

17. krakentanz

krakentanz

Hey! I just tried getting WeatherMaker (7.2.2) to run (clean URP project, 2021.3.1f1 LTS, URP 12.1.6) but I just get a bunch of errors and a missing Render Feature. When I try the demo scene, I see no weather of any kind.
    Any suggestions? Am I using an unsupported Unity version and if so, will the 2021 LTS be supported soon?

Edit: I tried importing WeatherMaker into an empty project in 2021.2.11f1 (URP 12.1.4) and I'm having the exact same issue.

Edit 2: My bad, I didn't click the Weather Maker menu item to adapt the asset for URP. Leaving this post in here in case someone else has the same problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  18. ikh201995

ikh201995

안녕하세요.
    Weather Maker 에셋을 사용하여 날씨를 조절하고 있습니다.

그런데 유니티 에디터에서는 정상적으로 작동하는데, 안드로이드에 빌드하려고 하면 오류가 발생하며 빌드가 안 됩니다.

왜 오류가 발생하는지 알려주실 수 있나요?

hello.
    I am using a Weather Maker asset to control the weather.

However, it works normally in the Unity editor, but when I try to build it on Android, an error occurs and the build fails.

Can you please tell me why the error occurs?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerCloudShadowShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (CloudVolumetricSampleWeather) at Assets/WeatherMaker/Prefab/Shaders/WeatherMakerCloudVolumetricWeatherShaderInclude.cginc(48) (on d3d11)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: <Unnamed Pass 0>, Fragment program with <no keywords>
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2
    Disabled keywords: INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerCloudShadowShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (CloudVolumetricSampleWeather) at Assets/WeatherMaker/Prefab/Shaders/WeatherMakerCloudVolumetricWeatherShaderInclude.cginc(48) (on vulkan)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: , Vertex program with <no keywords>
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2
    Disabled keywords: INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerWeatherMapShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (GetCloudType) at line 280 (on d3d11)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: <Unnamed Pass 0>, Fragment program with <no keywords>
    Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerWeatherMapShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (GetCloudType) at line 280 (on vulkan)

Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerWeatherMapShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (GetCloudDensity) at line 336 (on d3d11)

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerWeatherMapShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (GetCloudDensity) at line 336 (on vulkan)

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerWeatherMapShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (GetCloudCoverage) at line 392 (on d3d11)

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerWeatherMapShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (GetCloudCoverage) at line 392 (on vulkan)

Shader error in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerFullScreenCloudsShader': glslang: '' : compilation terminated at line 910 (on vulkan)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: , Vertex program with WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_SPLIT_SPHERES
    Disabled keywords: INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_2 WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_4 WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_8 WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_ONE_CASCADE

Shader error in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerFullScreenCloudsShader': glslang: 'u_xlat10_0' : undeclared identifier at line 910 (on vulkan)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: , Vertex program with WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_SPLIT_SPHERES
    Disabled keywords: INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_2 WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_4 WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_8 WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_ONE_CASCADE

Shader error in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerFullScreenCloudsShader': glslang: '' : compilation terminated at line 916 (on vulkan)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: , Vertex program with WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_2 WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_ONE_CASCADE
    Disabled keywords: INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_4 WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_8 WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_SPLIT_SPHERES

Shader error in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerFullScreenCloudsShader': glslang: 'u_xlat10_0' : undeclared identifier at line 916 (on vulkan)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: , Vertex program with WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_2 WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_ONE_CASCADE
    Disabled keywords: INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_4 WEATHER_MAKER_DOWNSAMPLE_8 WEATHER_MAKER_SHADOWS_SPLIT_SPHERES

Shader warning in 'WeatherMaker/WeatherMakerFullScreenCloudsShader': glslang: '' : all default precisions are highp; use precision statements to quiet warning, e.g.: at line 59 (on vulkan)

Shader warning in 'WeatherMakerCloudProbeShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (CloudVolumetricSampleWeather) at kernel CSMain at Assets/WeatherMaker/Prefab/Shaders/WeatherMakerCloudVolumetricWeatherShaderInclude.cginc(48) (on d3d11)

Shader warning in 'WeatherMakerCloudProbeShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (CloudVolumetricSampleWeather) at kernel CSMain at Assets/WeatherMaker/Prefab/Shaders/WeatherMakerCloudVolumetricWeatherShaderInclude.cginc(48) (on vulkan)

Shader warning in 'WeatherMakerCloudProbeShader': use of potentially uninitialized variable (CloudVolumetricSampleWeather) at kernel CSMain at Assets/WeatherMaker/Prefab/Shaders/WeatherMakerCloudVolumetricWeatherShaderInclude.cginc(55) (on vulkan)

Error building Player: 4 errors

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 137 seconds (137001 ms)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 5 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002da] in <1135c66e5f4c41a7831fa5798849d8b6>:0
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <1135c66e5f4c41a7831fa5798849d8b6>:0
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Attached Files:

19. jjxtra

jjxtra

There is a global weather zone in the prefab. Enable it and then set the "single profile" property to the profile of your choice.

20. jjxtra

jjxtra

I think this bug is fixed in latest update, let me know if you see the same.

21. jjxtra

jjxtra

Yes, you must use deferred rendering.

22. jjxtra

jjxtra

URP 12 with deferred rendering should render the snow overlay just fine.

23. jjxtra

jjxtra

I don't support Quest device, please send order # for refund to support@digitalruby.com

24. jjxtra

jjxtra

I haven't been able to make headway on this error, it may be a bug in the Unity shader compiler. I would suggest filing a bug with Unity. You can also email your order # to support@digitalruby.com and I will refund your purchase.

25. jjxtra

jjxtra

Apologies for not responding the last few months on this forum. Several things have made life very difficult:
    - Nasty cold in March
    - Influenza in April
    - Covid in May
    - Unity bug that has existed for years stops emailing forums post notifications

I am trying to get my health back and it's slow going, I will try to remember to re-enable the email notifications for the forum more often...

Vincent454 and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  26. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 7.2.4 is out and improves GC usage for cloud probes and screen space shadows, along with fixing an off by one/null ref error with weather profiles.

Vincent454 likes this.
  27. krakentanz

krakentanz

Hey Jeff, all the best to you and your family! <3

jjxtra and Vincent454 like this.
  28. Vincent454

Vincent454

Thanks for all your hard work and all the best to you!

jjxtra likes this.
  29. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 7.3.0 is out and fixes an issue with edge geometry being eroded, along with improving the sky depth fade parameter.

Vincent454 and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  30. dmarmor

dmarmor

Hello! I just bought Weather Maker to simulate a real sun path. I've managed to set up my first scene and set it to my current location/date, but am having trouble understanding how the sun path relates to the coordinate system in Unity. It appears to me that the orientation is backward (from what I'd expect), and that the positive Z axis actually points to the south, and positive X axis points to the west. Is this correct? (Intuitively, I'd expect +Z to be north and +X to be east, but as long as I can understand which direction I'm looking I'll be able to calibrate the accuracy of the simulation, which is what I need.)

Thanks!

31. jjxtra

jjxtra

There’s a rotate y property on the sun object celestial object script. You can set it to 180.

dmarmor likes this.
  32. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

Hi, I just want to make a rain and thunder effect that lights up the whole scene with this asset. Is there a pdf or guide or some sort to set up 2D rain and 2D thunder in my scene that will light up your game?

33. jjxtra

jjxtra

There is a 2D demo scene. You can enable the rain and lightning and clouds with checkboxes that map to simple script properties and it will automatically do lightning randomly. I'm here if you have anymore questions.

34. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

I got it working now how can I make the thunder affect my sprites? Like the player or other game sprites?

35. jjxtra

jjxtra

You can use these properties on the thunder and lightning script:

/// <summary>
    /// Fires when lightning bolt is created (trunk width, start, end)
    /// </summary>
    public Action<LightningBoltParameters, Vector3, Vector3> LightningStartedCallback { get; set; }

/// <summary>
    /// Fires when lightning bolt is ended (trunk width, start, end)
    /// </summary>
    public Action<LightningBoltParameters, Vector3, Vector3> LightningEndedCallback { get; set; }

You could do a 2d capsule cast from start to end using trunk width plus a little extra padding. Then apply whatever effects to anything that is hit. Getting exact collision with lightning would be a lot trickier, so this approximation is hopefully good enough.

Let me know if you have trouble finding them.

36. imDanOush

imDanOush

Hello,

Thank you for providing such a great, performant, and valuable asset. But I have no choice but to ask you to please update the Crest Ocean Git you provided for Weather Maker.

I spent hours making it work for Crest Ocean 14.5.2 (which has the ability to raise water locally and assign a different ocean material to it, and some other features that the older versions didn't have, therefore I must use the latest version for the project) but I had no success:(. Here are some issues, I believe if you update the git my life gets easier a lot:
    upload_2022-9-7_0-49-46.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    Untitl3d and razzraziel like this.
  37. jjxtra

jjxtra

This is on my TODO list. Things are different enough in crest that this will be a re-integration from scratch. I wish I could provide you an ETA, but I cannot. I have a full time job and other intermittent issues I am dealing with. I will post here when this integration is completed.

38. imakemygame

imakemygame

I am on URP 12.1.7 and clicking on those buttons dont work for me.

@jjxtra is there a fix? When I look into this Forward Renderer, it seems that older versions may have supported this. But I even have not the option to create such an object in the menu by myself. I am wondering if this is related to the URP version that might have changed regarding this function/object?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

39. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Jeff,
    I want to thank you for your awesome support and kindness shown since I began using Unity in 2017. Weather Maker was one of the first assets purchased and has evolved into a masterpiece. Keep up the great work!

This video took almost a year to make, and I couldn't have done it without your asset!

Apollo's Dream IV The finale of the "Apollo's Dream" Series. Almost a year in the making, we bring this series to its conclusion and move on to other projects. We hope you have enjoyed them. Please watch to the end to see the final conclusion. Original Musical Score by Teresa Silverthorn. Environmental Artistry by David Silverthorn.

Vincent454 and iddqd like this.
  40. jjxtra

jjxtra

Thanks for sharing this sir! I can tell you put a ton of effort into this. Just animating the wildlife must have taken a long time. Wonderful scenes!

41. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thank you. It was crazy and very frustrating. The animal animations were a challenge, and at times I had to fire them and start over. :)
    But, your weather maker was spot on, and was one of the easiest to manage in this project.
    I really love it and how far it has come. Your work and love for it really shows.

42. Vincent454

Vincent454

Wow! So beautiful and very calming to watch!

dsilverthorn likes this.
  43. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thank you so much!

Vincent454 likes this.
  44. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Heyo! Considering checking this out however I wanted to ask if this assets volumetric fog supports point/spot light shadows?

45. JeffreyStrate

JeffreyStrate

Is there a guide how to install it in the game? and in the game changes ?

46. JeffreyStrate

JeffreyStrate

Unity Weather MAKER 7.3.3 and Game Creater 1 Quick tutorial

47. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Any plans on updating any of the scripts to use the new Input system? Or am I missing something in a setup?

48. jjxtra

jjxtra

No current plans. I may have a go if there is enough demand for it.

49. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Okay I'll just port the demo script over since I'm using the new version and don't want to enable hybrid. Will post it here for people to grab.

julianr and hopeful like this.
  50. bunnyHops

bunnyHops

hey there. Love the asset so far ! I am noticing that if I switch the camera to orthographic mode, I can't see the any of the effects produced by the WeatherMakerPrefab. Day/night cycle stops working, rain is gone, etc. Is this expected or am I just doing something wrong?