Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

☁ Weather Maker ☁ AAA Clouds, Sky, Weather, Water, Volumetric Light & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jjxtra, Jun 30, 2016.

1. MentalFish

MentalFish

I got this solution and the LWRP version of Crest, do you have a guide of how to set them up together inside a single LWRP scenario?

2. Nevercallmebyname

Nevercallmebyname

questions:
    is multiple suns/moons supported?
    are footprints in the snow supported?
    is a building in the clouds supported or do clouds/fog pass through walls/objects?
    is gamplay attatched to the weather supported such as taking damage from acid rain, moving slower in snow or high wind, or running out of energy faster on a hot day?
    Arte heatwaves supported at all?
    Are seasons supported?
    Are weather physics supported eg objects blowing in the wind, windmills spinning faster?
    Is water freezing to ice supported?
    Are floating objects like boats affected by storm waves?
    Are exotic weathers supported?
    Are biomes (specifically map magic biomes) supported eg seasonal snow in one biome, always snow in another biome, never snow in the third?

3. no00ob

no00ob

Any idea how I could use this with Lux water? The water gets rendered on top of the fog.

4. jjxtra

jjxtra

I don't support Crest LWRP at the moment.

5. jjxtra

jjxtra

1] multiple moons, yes.
    2] no, you will need another solution
    3] cloud and depth buffer interaction isn't great right now, so no
    4] the precipitation is particle systems, you could subscribe to the collision event and apply damage
    5] no
    6] you can use WAPI to provide seasons, weather maker does not have a concept of season currently
    7] weather maker uses a wind zone, you'll need to setup your objects to respond to wind
    8] no
    9] no, you would need to setup your water to respond to wind and apply appropriate physics to objects, crest ocean does this out of the box
    10] no map magick integration at the moment, but you should be able to put a weather zone in each biome and set it up to do the weather profiles you want for that biome.

6. jjxtra

jjxtra

Set full screen fog render queue to "after transparent"

no00ob likes this.
  7. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Greetings.. saw this in the Black Friday sale and the fact you have integration with uMMORPG. Is that stand alone for the networking side, or are other things required to fully integrate with latest uMMORPG on Mirror?

Also I see from an earlier post you tested on headless linux server.. has anyone tested this on multiple players on a windows dev using windows as the server?

Thanks for your time :)

8. creat327

creat327

no answer to a new apk file for testing?

9. jjxtra

jjxtra

Just ummo is required. I’ve tested a windows server with 4 players.

10. jjxtra

jjxtra

I will look into it.

11. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Code (CSharp):
    1. [CompilerError] The name 'VegetationStudioManager' does not exist in the current context
    2. Compiler Error at Assets\WeatherMaker\Prefab\Scripts\Extensions\WeatherMakerExtensionVegetationStudioProScript.cs:41 column 47
    3. 39:   }
    4. -->41:   for (int sysIndex = 0; sysIndex < VegetationStudioManager.Instance.VegetationSystemList.Count; sysIndex++)
    5. 42:   {
    6. 43:       if (VegetationStudioManager.Instance.VegetationSystemList[sysIndex].EnvironmentSettings.RainAmount != WeatherMakerPrecipitationManagerScript.Instance.RainIntensity)

12. jjxtra

jjxtra

I think the namespace changed since I added that, so you may have to add a using statement at the top of that file. Can you tell me what namespace the vegetation studio pro scripts are using?

13. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

namespace AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationSystem

14. jjxtra

jjxtra

Does adding 'using AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationSystem;' to line 21 of that file help (without the quotes)?

15. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

nope, that was the first thing I tried

16. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

17. jjxtra

jjxtra

So if you search the entire project, does VegetationStudioManager even exist anymore? Maybe they've switched to something else...

18. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Hi. There was no change. The VegetationStudioManager should be there as it used to be.

19. creat327

creat327

And? I mean all I want is a realistic APK to test on android before I make a purchase. The existing APK is pretty much useless because you can’t push the buttons and it is very slow.

20. nbac

nbac

21. Vincent454

Vincent454

I was wondering the same, can we do something like

at 1:32

22. GoldFireStudios

GoldFireStudios

Is there any update as to when we can expect 2019.3 support now that it is out of beta?

23. magique

magique

@jjxtra How do I get the fullscreen snow effect to work? I've run a couple of the demos and turned snow on, but I never see any snow coverage on scene objects.

24. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I've been waiting to try 2019.3, so I just checked and it has not been released yet.:confused:
    Latest release 27 Nov 2019 Version 2019.2.14

Maybe it is out of Beta but it has not been released. I hope it comes soon though, could be a nice Christmas present.:)

25. GoldFireStudios

GoldFireStudios

Huh, that is odd. It is showing up as 2019.3.0f1 for me in Unity Hub.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  26. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I found it, but it is still on the beta site and not the download site. Took a little searching, but you are correct. The beta site download shows 2019.3.0f1 released on 27 Nov 2019. Thanks for letting us know they've finally got the release out!
    I guess it will move over soon to the regular downloads page.

27. jjxtra

jjxtra

The fog is fully volumetric and can do full shadowing and god rays on the primary dir light. It also has a full screen shaft option for performance sensitive scenarios.

Vincent454 likes this.
  28. jjxtra

jjxtra

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  29. jjxtra

jjxtra

Please try unity 2019.2 latest. It is working for me. Ensure deferred rendering. This effect is not supported in lwrp/universal until they add the deferred mode.

30. magique

magique

I'm using Unity 2018.4.6f1 in deferred rendering mode.

31. jjxtra

jjxtra

So you are saying the built in demo scene does not work if you slide the intensity up on the full screen snow profile in the prefab?

32. magique

magique

Yeah, that's correct. I am trying on a different development machine now and I'll let you know if it has different results. But earlier, it just caused snow to fall and the fullscreen effect never happened.

33. jjxtra

jjxtra

The snow overlay is a separate effect from the snow fall. In the prefab go to full screen effects and then snow. On the profile slide up the intensity. If you want to gradually increase the snow overlay as it snows, use the auto intensity slider.

34. jjxtra

jjxtra

It’s on the todo list. I don’t have a good modern android device and probably need to spend a day making the demo and make sure it all works good with a better ui. No ETA...

35. magique

magique

Thanks. That's what I couldn't find. It's working now.

36. GoldFireStudios

GoldFireStudios

Has anyone tested on MacOS Catalina? I've got one machine that hasn't updated yet and Weather Maker runs, but on the machine with Catalina, the whole computer crashes when pressing play on any of the demos.

37. jjxtra

jjxtra

I just upgraded and will do a test. Are you on the latest Weather Maker?

38. jjxtra

jjxtra

Lars-Steenhoff and dsilverthorn like this.
  39. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.9.6 is out and fixes the render order in LWRP for clouds/sky, they now render before transparent, yea!

40. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Hi, I'm thinking of getting weather maker to replace my current weather system. Is it HDRP compatible and if not, do you have any plans to make it so?

41. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

It's ok, found the answer on the asset store page.

42. jjxtra

jjxtra

Q1 2020 for hdrp

sheffieldlad likes this.
  43. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Greetings.. I have used this before and it was excellent, but i noticed today that it has updated and tried it in a new project and am getting errors...

There are 3 errors showing up all in the same script...

In WeatherMakerNetworkScript.cs am getting the following...

---------------- cut ------------------
    Dictionary <int, NetworkConnectionToClient> connections = NetworkServer.connections;
    ---------------- cut -----------
    NetworkConnectionToClient conn;
    --------------- cut -------------------

Where the three items NetworkConnectionToClient are all failing with

Assets\WeatherMaker\Prefab\Scripts\Extensions\WeatherMakerMirrorNetworkScript.cs(291,34): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkConnectionToClient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

If you have any pointers I would be grateful.

I am using uMMORPG .179, Unity 2018.4.10f1 and the latest version of Weathermaker as updated a couple of days ago.

Regards

Graham

44. jjxtra

jjxtra

Upgrade to latest ummo

45. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Jeff,

Not sure why, but I'm getting some major shadows flashing and flickering when ever I turn the camera. Using a good amount of fog, if no fog then things look normal.

Any idea what I may have done wrong?

I can't figure out why the fog is creating this. WM doing all the work except I had added an Allsky sky box for an alien world effect. But still using clouds and fog.
    Using Unity 2019.2 and WM 5.9.4

46. jjxtra

jjxtra

Does the problem happen in the demo scene?

47. jjxtra

jjxtra

Here is what I see in demo scene, no flicker with fog and clouds.

upload_2019-12-21_22-17-18.png

dsilverthorn likes this.
  48. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Ok thanks.. upgrading to 182 not a possibility at this point with all the changes in my base (even though it's a new project, I always base from the stable uMMORPG LTS versions which is .179) so sadly will have to delete weather maker.. thanks anyway. I guess I shouldn't have updated WeatherMaker as I don't have the previous version on my drive anymore as the update overwrote it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  49. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I'll check and let you know.

50. frank1204

frank1204

Hi,

I just purchased Weather Maker and imported it. Everything seems to work fine as far as I can see (demo scenes and clouds in my own main scene).

But I have an issue with the lighting. I use directional light which took very long to configure until it is almost perfect now for my needs.

But now I see that Weather Maker brings it own light, the sun (and the moon). Obviously I have to turn off my directional light when using Weather Maker, because the "sun" creates some additional shadows and adds it´s light to my old lighting.

When I only use the sun, the scene looks very dark and awful, but the clouds look good. Increasing the sun´s intensity doesn´t show any Change to the scene. When turning on my directional light again, everything looks good again. So I thought, to use my old lighting and turn off the sun. Everything ist still beautiful, but the Weather Maker clouds are dark then.

So I think I have to copy my lighting settings from the old directional light to the new sun. But I don´t know how to do this, especially because changing parameters of the sun doesn´t show any changes to the scene lighting as mentioned before…

I use Unity 2019.1. I also use post processing and Beautify in my camera (FPS Controller). If you need more details, just let me know, what is important for this issue.