Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

☁ Weather Maker ☁ AAA Clouds, Sky, Weather, Water, Volumetric Light & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jjxtra, Jun 30, 2016.

1. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.8.7 update!
    - Add day night cycle date/time setter from WorldManager API date/time.
    - Fix strange shader build errors in VR builds.
    - Fix black sky for certain date / times.

Vincent454 and dsilverthorn like this.
  2. jjxtra

jjxtra

Helpful tip for LWRP Android - switch your build settings to Android first, then click to enable weather maker lwrp. When switching to Android, you lose all the scripting defines that were setup.

3. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I just updated a project from 2018 to 2019.2 and the Weather Maker menu option is not displayed. I checked the "Window" menu, the "Tools" menu and the "Game Object menu and submenus, just to be sure it hasn't moved. No luck. I deleted the asset from the project and restarted the project and reimported. Still no menu.

The console is not displaying any errors referencing WM, so it doesn't SEEM to be an issue there.

What dumbass thing have I done?

Thanks

4. jjxtra

jjxtra

Are you trying to enable LWRP or something else?

5. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Are you asking me? If so I only just installed 2019, so I have not adjusted any aspects of the project. If you're not talking to me.... nevermind.

6. jjxtra

jjxtra

Yes was just asking since most people use the menu to enable LWRP. Just doing a double check now to make sure menu shows up in 2019.2...

7. jjxtra

jjxtra

The menu is showing up for me in 2019.2. Are you in a new blank project with weather maker at this point or are you in your full project?

8. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I have not enabled LWRP, would you like me to? I'm happy to try anything. I also noticed that another asset, CScape, is also missing it's menu. I have reached out to that developer as well.

9. jjxtra

jjxtra

No not necessary to enable LWRP. You could always close out Unity, start a new blank project with just weather maker and then see if it shows up then. If not, maybe re-install Unity, that has actually worked in the past for these types of weird things for me.

10. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

This is an existing project. Because you mentioned it I just created a new project in 2019.2 and imported WM. In the new project the menu is displayed.

11. jjxtra

jjxtra

Make a backup of project and start deleting stuff :) See when it pops back in.

12. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I am uninstalling Unity 2019 right now, I will reboot and reinstall and see if that works. If not then I will try the issue of removing items. arg.

Hope your day is going well.

13. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Turns out it was an issue with Gaia. I had updated Gaia, but not the Post Processing stack that Gaia is using. Odd that those errors kept your asset and CScape from showing a menu.

In any case, NOT an issue with Weather Maker. Thank you kindly for getting back to me so soon, and more importantly for such an amazing asset (yes, I reviewed it long ago)

Have a wonderful evening

dsilverthorn likes this.
  14. jjxtra

jjxtra

Glad you got it sorted, enjoy!

JamesWjRose likes this.
  15. jjxtra

jjxtra

Early meteor shower work. Please give me feedback or requests for functionality :)

16. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Jeff,

All I got was a black screen for video. Looking forward to seeing it though.;)

17. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I too only see a pixalated black screen. I FEEL like I see some stars near the upper right corner. I thought maybe I have a low quality render from YouTube, but it's showing it at 1080

LOVE the idea

18. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

I didn't see anything....

19. jjxtra

jjxtra

YouTube has slain my video. You can up the quality to 4K if you are able, that helps quite a bit. But I will look for other video hosting options in the mean time...

20. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

blank at 4k

21. jjxtra

jjxtra

22. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Still nothing

23. jjxtra

jjxtra

24. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Whats up for 6.0?

25. jjxtra

jjxtra

That will be the global wetness release

Vincent454 likes this.
  26. hopeful

hopeful

I can barely see them in the Discord version. That's probably realistic, but I'm not sure how that will turn out in a game.

27. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Ok I could...I had to put my face up to the screen.

28. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

29. alex_1302

alex_1302

hi.
    I am working in a multiplayer game and i want to know how can i synchronize weather maker through the game clients.
    that i need to know is which are the weather maker parameters or methods that i need to use in order to all the game clients show the same time (the sun at same position , or the moon and same position in the sky). i suppose that is impossible to synchronize the clouds ?. i hope i was clear in my question.
    Thanks in advance.

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  30. Vincent454

Vincent454

Lol I could see it, looks really nice :D

31. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Ok, I just know this is going to be a DUH question, but I cannot adjust the speed for the time of day. I thought I could adjust the Speed, NightSpeed and/or UpdateInterval in WeatherMakerDayNightCycleProfile_Default... but nothing is happening. I can see the moon right in front of me, and no matter changes I make, or how long I watch the game, nothing changes. No stars moving, no sun rise, etc.

I am using Unity 2019.2.2f1

So... what dumbass thing am I doing wrong?

Thanks

32. jjxtra

jjxtra

If you load the demo scene, time of day should be 10x normal time. Do you see this if you run the demo scene? If not, then something is broken in your asset, and you may need to delete it and re-import from asset store.

33. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.8.9 is now live with floating point origin offset support

Vincent454 and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  34. jjxtra

jjxtra

Just a heads up everyone after feedback from a frustrated user, I have to decided to make new resource container profiles. Every texture, profile, shader, sound file, etc. for Weather Maker will go into these new resource profiles. This should make it easier for you to strip out Weather Maker textures, sounds files, etc. for stuff you don't need.

You won't have to go hunting for and deleting project files, you can just delete entries out of the resource container profile and then that file won't be included in the final build. The resource container is assigned on the root of the prefab on the WeatherMakerScript.

This will go in the 5.9.0 update and will require that you delete Weather Maker entirely, including all prefab objects, before updating. You will have to re-add the prefab.

35. jjxtra

jjxtra

How many of you all would care if I drop Unity 2017 and 2018.1-2018.3 support? I really want to make 2018.4 the minimum, it is a lot of extra work on my part...

36. Vincent454

Vincent454

I'm always using the newest version, so to me it wouldn't matter

37. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

I'm using 2018.4, so that works for me. It would definitely make your job easier.

38. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

Hey, I was wondering about this too and noticed that you hadn't replied yet.

39. hopeful

hopeful

Keeping 2018.4 works for me.

(My discipline is to only use Unity LTS versions, from now on. Too many Unity bugs for production when you go by point versions.)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  40. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I'm just switching to 2018, so it is ok.

please leave us access to older version too, even if not updated.

41. jjxtra

jjxtra

I always save the last version from a dropped Unity to my backup and have given it to people on demand. But I may make a link where you can enter your invoice and then just download them automatically.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  42. jjxtra

jjxtra

Please see this demo video:

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  43. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I would be fine with dropping support for 2017, and dropping 2018 would be ok-ish

44. saxovr

saxovr

Hi: I am running the latest weather maker on 2019.1 and trying to get Side by Side Stereo rendering working on the Oculus Quest. It seems to be rendering the left eye only and not in the right eye. I am using the OVRCameraRig and wondering if anyone has got it working in Oculus go/Quest? Thanks

45. jjxtra

jjxtra

I don't officially support Android VR due to number of devices needed to test on, strange bugs, etc. I am just one guy and do not have the time. It is in the asset description as not supported.

If it is a deal-breaker, email me your invoice for a refund.

46. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.9.0 is out with breaking changes, you will need to delete and re-import Weather Maker from asset store.

- *IMPORTANT* Please remove Weather Maker entirely before upgrading, project folder structure has changed.
    - *Breaking* Replace NightAdd and NightTint colors on day/night profile with gradients which can now tint based on sun position, where center of gradients is sun at horizon. The sky transitions from night, dawn/dusk and day look much better now.
    - *Breaking* Moved most files out of resource folders. All resource files are now added to a new resource container scriptable object. See WeatherMakerScript -> ResourceContainer. This should make it much easier to manage resources for Desktop, Mobile, etc.
    - Added DemoScene2DNo3D. Use this demo scene and the WeatherMakerPrefab2DNo3D for 2D games that do not need weather zones or weather profiles and do not need the 3D rendering pieces of Weather Maker. This will save you a ton of space on your 2D game builds.
    - Add meteor shower prefab. Place this at the root of your scene for a nice meteor shower effect. Meteor shower profile allows easy customization. You can also modify the particle system directly.
    - Enable crunch texture compression for most Weather Maker textures. This should reduce your final build size by a good amount. This will cause a one-time slower build, but then the crunch textures should be cached from then on.

hopeful and Vincent454 like this.
  47. jjxtra

jjxtra

I will be dropping 2017.X support in the Weather Maker 6.0 release, coming in a few months.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    OdderOtter and JamesWjRose like this.
  48. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

re: Time of day speed.

I deleted WM from my project and updated and imported the latest version and the issue was resolved.

Thank you kindly for your time.

49. jjxtra

jjxtra

50. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am still using 2018.4 but I am considering trying to move to 2019 but there's obvious concern that some of my currently purchased prefabs may not be compatible. I just wish Unity would quit introducing incompatibility between versions. They just don't care about our investments in the Asset Store and time put into our games. Sorry, that's my little rant for the day. :rolleyes: