Search Unity

Weapon wheel

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bokaii, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Bokaii

Bokaii

How would I go about making a weapon wheel?
    I've tried to figure it out on my own, but didn't really get anywhere..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Murgilod

Murgilod

A what?

3. Bokaii

Bokaii

a weapon wheel*

4. Murgilod

Murgilod

What part are you having trouble with? What have you tried? Why didn't that work?

5. Bokaii

Bokaii

I just can’t really wrap my head around it. I don’t know where to start.

I want the UI to constantly be at the bottom right of the screen. When I then press (and hold) a button the goes from the vor or to the middle of the screen and scales up.
    When I then hover the cursor over one of the images/buttons in the wheel and stop pressing tab I want to select the weapon that is connected to the button/image

6. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

If you cant wrap your head around it then you are not ready for such a feature. Its too broad topic to help you on, basically you ask us to create an entire system for you.

7. Bokaii

Bokaii

Actually what I had in mind was for you to help me figure out where I should start.

8. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

There are many ways of solving it, one of the more easier ones are a sprite based path.

Create a sprite like the red square, have its pivot point set to the centre of the circle. Create a prefab out of it, instance it in n times.

upload_2018-8-7_13-15-31.png

Schneider21 likes this.
  9. Billy4184

Billy4184

Are you able to at least arrange some buttons in a circle, as a first step? The more you do for yourself, the more others will be inclined to help.

If you are completely new to Unity I would recommend hitting up the learn section.

kshitizmishra and carking1996 like this.
  10. Tzan

Tzan

Seriously, I thought he was talking about a 10 foot diameter wooden wheel with spikes on it.
    Adding the asterix just made it seem more spiky.

Azurne and JoeStrout like this.
  11. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Nobody is trying to be mean, OP, but if you have to ask, where do I begin? that is a clue that you ought to complete ALL of the Unity learn stuff. Then, to get FPS specific, check out gamer to game developer channel on youtube. You've got to prepare for a long road of learning. The best investment you can make is to exhaust all of the free resources available to you. Once you've done that, then, like a year two from now, you might come back with some question so technical in nature that it has to go in a specific subforum, and somebody like me, an artist, cannot even guess what you are talking about.

kshitizmishra likes this.
  12. kshitizmishra

kshitizmishra

actually it's about gui based weapon selection wheel.