Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wavey" ground plane and object instantiated on it

Discussion in 'AR' started by TalespinJoe, Apr 24, 2019.

1. TalespinJoe

TalespinJoe

Hey, I have been working with AR Foundation for an AR project and I stumbled upon an issue that's a bit annoying and only seem to happen on Android.

Whenever I detect a plane, it seems that with even the slightest movement of the camera, the plane wants to move with the camera's position and rotation, but smoothly goes back in place when you keep the camera still. This creates a bit of a wave like effect on the place and every object instantiated with it.

I tried building the AR Foundation samples, and they have the same issue (though it seems a little less, but still noticeable). When I try the ARCore samples for Unity, I do not see this at all. Also in iOS, it all seems to be working just fine.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong (considering the samples also have this issue) or that this is a standing issue (perhaps resolved already in a later version?)

Anyone know how to fix? Or if this is fixable at all?

2. merpheus

merpheus

Same and the thing is in earlier versions, it was not the case.

3. TalespinJoe

TalespinJoe

Well that's kind of annoying. I'm currently on 1.0.0 Preview 22. Which is the latest I can get in 2018.3.13f.

Has this issue been acknowledged by the devs already? Or perhaps an ETA on a fix. This is kind of experience breaking.

4. BuoDev

BuoDev

see this issue.

5. TalespinJoe

TalespinJoe

Great, thanks!