Search Unity

.WAV audio imports incorrectly, ~1 second of silence gets appended (already visible in editor)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Deleted User, May 2, 2016.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have multiple 48kHz 2 channel 16bit .WAV audio files with ambient sound, all of which import incorrectly.

The problem is already visible in editor, so it's not purely a runtime playback issue:

As you can see, Unity adds silence at the end. This is also audible if you click into into the spectogram close to the end and play it back. I tried switching the import settings for Compression from "Vorbis" to "PCM" and changing "Streaming" to "Decompress On Load", but all it does is make the imported audio huge while not removing the easily visible gap at the end that shouldn't be there!

A fix or a workaround would be appreciated.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is anyone else seeing this? Or does this just happen to me

3. spacepluk

spacepluk

My audio files are being imported just fine but I don't use Audacity. Have you tried opening the wav with a different program?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Heh I actually had two files around with the same name but one ending .WAV and .OGG, and the latter does actually have silence at the end and I imported that one because I'm silly... sorry, this is just my fault then :) thanks for the hint

spacepluk likes this.