Search Unity

Waterfall / Flowing Water

Discussion in 'Physics' started by SurvivorSteve, Dec 12, 2015.

1. SurvivorSteve

SurvivorSteve

Waterfall -

It Is Truly A Beautiful Feature Isn't It

Info - Now For Those of You Who Dont Know What Type of Person I Am.. I Am The Type Of Person Who<If I Want Something To Work, I Will Get It To Work or Die Trying!>I Do Not Give Up EVER And If I Need Help I'm No Stranger To Forums, Youtube, Google Search etc..

What I Want To Achieve - I've Been Trying For About 6 Weeks Now To Get (As Shown In The Above Video)A Flowing Water Feature That Flows Around Objects As A River Would, Creates Splashes On Impact, Falls Like A Waterfall If There Is a Drop etc..

What I've Try'd - Youtube, Google, Forums, AssetStore Browsing all But I Have Not Found A True Working Reliable and Realistic Flowing Water Kinda Effect. I Will Be Posting This In Hopes For Even The Slightest Help, Advice etc.. Yes, I Say etc A Lot.. :). If You Have Found A Tutorial / Script Or Anyting That Could Help, Please Do Link It Below

Thanks In Advance

Edit: I Do Not Have Any Money To Be Buying The Very Expensive Assets BTW

2. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

That look like multi layer animated texture shader. You can find some thing similar in the Shadow gun examples(free in the asset store), they use it for smoke at the plane crash

3. SurvivorSteve

SurvivorSteve

Thanks For Your Response,
    How Would I Go About Doing So?

4. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

To be honest I never look at the asset, but from what I read on the Unity's blog it just a shader.
    You can try to download the asset, find the plane crash, take a look at the smoke's material ,most likely you can just replace the texture from smoke to water.
    If not, there a dedicated forum thread about that asset you can ask there

SurvivorSteve likes this.
  5. SurvivorSteve

SurvivorSteve

Thanks! I Will Have A Go Bud

6. Recon03

Recon03

If you need help still PM me I actually spend alot of time with waterfalls, and helped many others make some nice ones.. Let me know. by PM.