Search Unity

Water reflection issues

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by KeithW, Jul 25, 2018.

1. KeithW

KeithW

I am using WaterProDaytime from the Standard Assets for my water.
    I'm seeing two issues. First is that more of the building is reflected in the water than the distance and angle should give. Note that the buildings are slightly uphill from the lake. The first picture is standing on the shore at eye level.

The WaterProDaytime settings are shown in the next picture.

The second problem is that when I want the ground reflected in the water, more of the ground is reflected than what I expect (this could be the same issue as more of the buildings reflecting than expected). Also, when I add the ground, the buildings do not reflect. (third picture, same location as first picture)

The WaterProDaytime settings for reflecting the ground layer are shown in the next picture.

Finally is a picture from 78.1 feet in the air (same location) showing the pink walking trails which are not visible from the lake (see the first and third pictures) and therefore should not be reflected in the lake.

2. KeithW

KeithW

FYI I need to be 27 feet above ground to see the first hint of the nearest pink tail/walk so it should not reflect in the water when I am less than 6 feet (standing eye height) above ground.