Search Unity

Question Water Foam Effect

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Liz199708, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Liz199708

Liz199708

Hello Peeps!
    So for our current semester project I have to create an ocean of melted cheese *yummy*
    Since I am completely new to Shader Graph and shaders in general, I have been following Brackeys Simple Cartoon Water Tutorial.
    Now to add some more juice I wanted to get some "foam" whenever my ocean plane intersects with another object. To do this I followed another Tutorial which basically shows the exact same effect I want to have.
    For some reason this has no effect at all on my fluid. I have set the Surface Type to transparent and followed every step as well as I could but nothing seems to change.

Does someone might have an idea what could be causing this?

Screenshot of Settings:
    upload_2020-12-28_20-59-56.png

I am using Unity 2020.02.0f1

2. Olmi

Olmi

Hi,
    Are you sure the depth is rendering correctly? Test that you can see something from the depth as it might be one culprit for the effect not working, especially if you have been following some tutorials. And test also any other inputs and verify that you actually have some data.

3. florianBrn

florianBrn

Hello! The Scene Depth node should be set to Eye instead or Linear01 and the Screen Position node to Raw. When these nodes are set to their default settings they lack some of the informations you need for this effect.
    Then just use the two Smoothstep values to control the strength and distance of the effect, and it should be good.