Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Wasm Build Error: GetArtifactPaths hash is invalid

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by tommyp_unity, Nov 20, 2020.

1. tommyp_unity

tommyp_unity

Struggling to get a build due to the following error, anyone have any ideas?

Code (csharp):
    1. AssetDatabase::GetArtifactPaths hash is invalid
    2. UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetDatabaseExperimental:GetArtifactPaths(Hash128, String[]&)
    3. Unity.Scenes.AssetDatabaseCompatibility:GetArtifactPaths(Hash128, String[]&) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.16.0-preview.21/Unity.Scenes/AssetDatabaseCompatibility.cs:71)
    4. Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.BuildStepExportScenes:Run(BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.31.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build/BuildStepExportScenes.cs:72)
    5. Unity.Build.BuildStepCollection:Run(BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildStepCollection.cs:77)
    6. Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.DotsRuntimeBuildPipeline:OnBuild(BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.31.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build/DotsRuntimeBuildPipeline.cs:45)
    7. Unity.Build.BuildProcess:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildProcess.cs:52)
    8. Unity.Build.BuildPipelineBase:Build(BuildConfiguration, BuildProgress) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildPipelineBase.cs:84)
    9. Unity.Build.BuildConfiguration:Build() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildConfiguration.cs:65)
    10. Unity.Build.Editor.<>c:<.cctor>b__29_1(BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:44)
    11. Unity.Build.Editor.<>c__DisplayClass25_0:<Build>b__0() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:106)
    12. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Check that game objects in the scene don't have any missing textures or asset references
    also, make sure you are using URP lit or unlit materials for your meshes

3. ShayPierce

ShayPierce

I found an error like this one to be caused by an exception in my GameObject->Entity conversion code.

The file "Logs\AssetImportWorker0.log" turned out to have useful log info, including a callstack, that finally explained what was going wrong.

I hope Unity will improve its DOTS/Tiny tooling to surface these kinds of conversion errors in the console. The GO->E process is great, but it would be nice if there were more debugging tools in general around this process.

4. djsell

djsell

Yeah... and I never managed to get VS code debugger to attach to the conversion worker as the getting started doc suggests for other IDE's. So, if I want to debug the conversion process, I just throw exceptions for the logging. Because actually logging doesn't work either.

5. gwenaelle_unity

gwenaelle_unity

Unity Technologies

For conversion issues, logging and exceptions are also recorded per scene in a .conversionlog file in your project/Logs folder.
    Starting in the upcoming Tiny version 0.33, we are now forwarding logs/exceptions happening on the asset import worker process to the console. Some improvements still need to be done to consistently report them. But it should be easier to track conversion issues.
    When using VS, make sure to attach your solution to the unity background process instead of the regular unity process.

upload_2021-3-18_10-10-46.png

ShayPierce likes this.