Search Unity

WASD keys not working in editor.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Shift_, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Shift_

Shift_

When I try to move around with the WASD keys in the editor, nothing happens. I checked to see if this was a problem and most people said it happened due to me being in isometric mode. However, I am in perspective mode, and it is still not working. I've even reinstalled Unity several times, and the WASD keys still don't work.

Thanks!

2. Socrates

Socrates

Just because you did not mention it, I should ask: Are you holding down the right mouse button?

Left click in the Scene window in the editor so that it has focus.
    Hold down the Right Mouse Button.
    Use a&d for left&right, w&s for zoom in&out, q&e for down&up.

3. Gunna_Vegout

Gunna_Vegout

I have this issue as well and have not found a resolution yet. I am holding down right Mouse button and focus is on the editor, Any suggestions would be appreciated

deadsec096 likes this.
  4. Innovine

Innovine

Hold the right mouse button down and roll the mouse wheel forward. Numbers (the camera movement speed) will appear and change.

privetyaarseniy and magelittle like this.
  5. joelgwebber

joelgwebber

OMG, thank you so much. That fixed my issue -- I'd been triggering that speed factor overlay by accident for ages without realizing what it was!

Innovine likes this.
  6. Innovine

Innovine

I should add, there's a camera icon near the top right where you can set the min and max camera movement speeds. Then the right-mouse-scroll-wheel goes between those values.

7. DOUBLEAKASHSINGH

DOUBLEAKASHSINGH

Thanks