Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

WASD and mouse don't work for FPC in 5.4?

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by janlucvd, Apr 8, 2016.

1. janlucvd

janlucvd

Thought upgrading from 5.3.4 would solve the problem but it didn't. What WILL solve the problem?

2. IsaiahKelly

IsaiahKelly

This forum is for issues directly related to the Unity 5.4 beta. It sounds like your issue existed in 5.3 and isn't related to Unity itself, so this should have really been posted in the Editor & General Support section. However, I can try to help you here, but I probably need more information in order to do so.

I assume by "FPC" you mean the first-person controller from the standard assets? If so, please let me know if there are any errors in the console. If input is your only issue, I'd suspect that the problem is related to either the cross platform input system or Unity's input manager setup.

I would first try resetting your the input manager settings by going to the menu bar in Unity and selecting Edit -> Project Settings -> Input. This will open the Input Manager in the inspector. Now click on the small gear in the upper right corner of the Input Manager and select Reset. This will reset all input axis bindings to their default values. Now run your game and see if it works. If not, I'd also try deleting and then re-importing the the cross platform input asset and try again.

3. janlucvd

janlucvd

Thanks!