Search Unity

Was Pokemon GO made with Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jarombra, Jul 12, 2016.

1. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Freedom of speech means I can use teh pokemons in my game as long as don't charge and call it a fangame, right?

Ryiah likes this.
  2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Did it crash?

Kiwasi likes this.
  3. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

That really should have been their monatization model. A monthly subscription free from businesses to add their location as a spawn point, gym, or whatever.

4. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

There was a guy who bought an old church and turned it into his house, but Google still had it listed as a church, so he has like the only ´gym´ within a few miles of his house but he seemed aggravated at the random people in front of his house.

5. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Try Brisbane City in Australia... I don't think you can cram any more Pokestops and Gyms into that place without every single phone crashing upon entry, lol.

I'll grab a screenshot and post it when I go in again soon. :)

UPDATE: Well, at least phones that are starved of RAM... I managed to hack and mod mine enough to keep it's system RAM usage low enough to play. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Kiwasi likes this.
  6. omcahyono789

omcahyono789

owww.... pokemon go make me stress,, i can't find the monster again.. :mad::mad:

7. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

How's about those times where you are just about to tap a monster... and the GPS decides to s**t itself... Then you can't catch it at all, lol. :D

8. tiggus

tiggus

I know this thread a bit old but thought the same people watching it might like this interview with the co-founder. Turns out if you architect google maps and google earth you also have a knack for making map games. I've been playing Ingress last few days and I can definitely see the fun and attraction and it is sci-fi(not into anime stuff).

http://www.recode.net/2016/10/4/131...c-pokemon-go-recode-decode-podcast-transcript