Search Unity

Question Warning: XRRig has been deprecated, use the XROrigin component instead.

Discussion in 'VR' started by alisiddiqui465, Apr 23, 2022.

1. alisiddiqui465

alisiddiqui465

I want to add a component in XRRig, but it shows a warning in the inspector section, it displays a warning message, "XRRig has been deprecated. Use the XROrigin component instead. so how to fix this issue?
    Should I add a new XR origin under the hierarchy section?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Add the xrOrigin component, check the values, delete XR rig, done

alisiddiqui465 likes this.
  3. alisiddiqui465

alisiddiqui465

Now, it is working, but I can't see the laser beam when I click on the play button. It was visible in the XR rig, but not in the XR origin component.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

What lazer beam?
    If the setup was simple just generate a new XR Origin and work from there

alisiddiqui465 likes this.
  5. WizardNinja123

WizardNinja123

I cant find XRorigin, anyone know how to help?

6. nilagard

nilagard

There's a hundred guides out there that shows you how to set up VR for your project. First rule of a gamedev is to learn how to google, for you to come here and ask a question like that is just telling me that your gamedev journey is going to be extremely difficult for you.
    Easy answer, google it! And also, read some Unity Documentation, it will help you lots to find your answer alot quicker.

DevDunk likes this.
  7. subhomukh1407

subhomukh1407

If you want XR rig work in your Unity 2021 without any change from XR Rig to Xr Origin then update the XR interaction Toolkit to pre 1.0.0-pre.8 version, if you are working latest version of XR interaction Toolkit then update latest version and you will gate the XR origin and you have to add components to it on left and right controllers

8. MOVE_with_sandra

MOVE_with_sandra

I GOOGLED IT and found this solution quick and dirty... My personal experience as a coach is; digital empathy is a great thing and people asking for help come a longer way then people working on their own, as they show real people skills. So whatever helps you to get to your goal. DO IT. ;)

9. JakubM211

JakubM211

I’m trying to make a vr fan game then it said “use XROrigin component instead” I did that but now it saying this

Attached Files:

10. DevDunk

DevDunk

Remove xr rig first