Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're a macOS 10.13 High Sierra user take be sure to read this before updating Unity.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

warning: <x> FS.syncfs operations in flight at once, probably just doing extra work

Discussion in 'WebGL' started by Aurigan, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Aurigan

Aurigan

I'm getting an old game running on webGL for the first time ever, using Unity 5.5p1. So far I have everything working but the (chrome) console every 8 seconds is spitting out 3 warnings:

warning: 2 FS.syncfs operations in flight at once, probably just doing extra work
    warning: 3 FS.syncfs operations in flight at once, probably just doing extra work
    warning: 4 FS.syncfs operations in flight at once, probably just doing extra work

From a quick google search FS.syncfs appears to be something to do with the javascript / indexed db filesystem so presumably *something* is doing a file op 4x at the same time ... I have no idea what that might be though, still happens after disabling save games (which use player prefs).

Has anyone seen this / have a solution for it?

2. Arsinx

Arsinx

I recently built a game for webgl using 5.5 and i am getting the same warnings as soon as the unity logo appears after which it gets stuck there, if any one knows how to solve this issue it will be really appreciated.

3. DSL-TailorIt

DSL-TailorIt

This warning also appears in my builds, although it doesn't prevent me from actually using my application.

In my case I think it might have something to do with loading AssetBundles, but I haven't verified it yet.

I worry more about warnings than actual errors, so if anyone knows something about this, I would be also be thankful to get some possible solution.

Thanks in advance :)

4. Aurigan

Aurigan

bump! getting this in a completely new game also

5. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

This seems to be harmless, we'll look into it though.

Zaelot, DSL-TailorIt and Aurigan like this.
  6. Aurigan

Aurigan

Thank you - it DOES appear to be harmless in practice but vexing to have unneeded log spam.

7. AzureByte

AzureByte

For me I think this is a symptom of another problem. I am getting random fps drops throughout the game while running a WebGL build in browser. No performance issues on mobile/PC builds

8. 3DNewsman

3DNewsman

Bumping this. We've had it on our app for a long time, and seems like it would be helpful to get to the bottom of it.

9. therealao

therealao

Bump, I've a feeling this is causing some performance issues. I'm only getting about 25% of the framerate of a native x86-64 build in WebGL, for a much smaller scene.. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

10. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

how many "FS.syncfs operations..." warnings are you seeing? just a few or a continuous flow?

The gap in performance might be simply be caused by the fact that Unity WebGL is single-threaded at the moment.