Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Warning: SpritePacker failed...

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Whippets, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Whippets

Whippets

When I have the System.Data.dll plugin installed, I get the following warning...

SpritePacker failed to get types from System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
    UnityEditor.Sprites.Packer:GetSelectedPolicyId()

This is new to Unity5 as I've been using this plugin since 4.4

It also causes the following error when selecting any object in the Hierarchy:-

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371)
    UnityEditor.Events.InterceptedEventsPreview.GetEventsInfo (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/guisystemeditor/UI/InterceptedEventsPreview.cs:164)
    UnityEditor.Events.InterceptedEventsPreview.Initialize (UnityEngine.Object[] targets) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/guisystemeditor/UI/InterceptedEventsPreview.cs:62)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.GetPreviewsForType (UnityEditor.Editor editor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:287)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.CreatePreviewables () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:255)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:317)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Removing System.Data.dll cures this - so there's definitely a change in 5.0 that breaks with this dll, which is a right pain, as I use it a lot.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Zaelot and Gothel like this.