Search Unity

Warning spamming: Postprocessing package expects to be used on a fullscreen Camera

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Gillissie, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Gillissie

Gillissie

Any update on this? I'm on Unity 2020.3.7 and still get spammed with this warning when using the Metal graphics API for Mac (which includes checking "Auto Graphics API for Mac").

When used with builtin render pipeline, Postprocessing package expects to be used on a fullscreen Camera.
    Please note that using Camera viewport may result in visual artefacts or some things not working.

This has been a problem for a very long time, since at least Unity 2018. It's worth noting that despite the warning spamming, my postprocessing FX look perfectly fine, so it's really the spamming of the warning that's the issue for me. It even happens on a build - the logfile is enormous in a matter of seconds, with the same warning OVER AND OVER. How about just one warning? Or just fix the issue so the warning doesn't falsely happen.

Also note the misspelling of "artifacts" in the warning.

DankalApps, OwlBoy- and KyleHendrick like this.
  2. KyleHendrick

KyleHendrick

Also experiencing this on 2020.3.19 (Mac Silicon).

A bad workaround:
    Open the script responsible for this warning (PostProcessLayer.cs) by double clicking the warning in the log.
    Comment out the Debug.LogWarning line for this.

This workaround will obviously get overwritten on Unity Updates, but it's a temporary workaround to get the log to quiet down while you work.

DankalApps and OwlBoy- like this.
  3. Gillissie

Gillissie

My solution was to render to a RenderTexture, than use that RenderTexture on a RawImage in the UI that takes up the space that I would normally be rendering the viewport in. Seems like a good solution. However, Unity really should fix the spamming. I noticed it in the MTG Arena logs. I suspect that the devs that work on MTG Arena don't pay much attention to Mac-specific issues.

4. OndraPaska

OndraPaska

I would like to upvote this issue, fix the warning spamming!