Search Unity

TextMesh Pro warning spam for missing glyph

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by andyz, Jun 18, 2019.

1. andyz

andyz

Have some text in a scroll rect and every time the scroll view moves I get a "character with ASCII value of xxx was not found in the Font Asset Glyph Table. It was replaced by a space". Soon I have hundreds.
    It is a useful warning to get once but perhaps not every frame that the scroll view moves! (which also suggests a surprising amout of text redraw but anyway..)

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The warnings can be suppressed in the TMP Settings.

These warnings are to inform the user of the missing glyphs in the font asset.

In terms of the re-draw, scrollviews with layout components and if the Anchors are set to Stretch mode, can / do end up most often triggering full re-layout and in many cases due to rounding errors in the Anchor calculations which make the layout system think the positions are dirty and need to be updated.

P.S. These rounding errors in the calculations of the RectTransform offsets / position when using Stretch mode have been there since the introduction of the RectTransform. Given the timing of this post, this might be something I'll look into next week at Hackweek and address this once and for all.

andyz likes this.