Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Warning on Android 11 : W/UnityAds( 5555): com.unity3d.services.core.device.Device.getNetworkType()

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by hellodadicode, Feb 7, 2022.

1. hellodadicode

hellodadicode

I have integrated Unity Ads in a test application through a plugin for Flutter and I am seeing this log only in the emulator with Android 11.

W/UnityAds( 5555): com.unity3d.services.core.device.Device.getNetworkType() (line:135) :: Unity Ads was not able to get current network type due to missing permission

In Android 10 I don't get this warning.

Should I be worried?

In AndroidManifest I have these two permissions:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />

2. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @hellodadicode

Are you seeing this happening on a physical device or only in the emulator?

3. Kadir-

Kadir-

I'm seeing this too on physical device using logcat

4. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

@Kadir- This issue is likely caused by a missing permission, we are aware of this issue, and it should not cause any issues in your application. If you wish to suppress it you can add the READ_PHONE_STATE permission to your manifest.

Kadir- likes this.