Search Unity

Bug Warning, failed to retrieve game id from Dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Aurigan, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Aurigan

Aurigan

Unity 2021.3.11f1, 1.0.4 ad/mediation package installed, Ads 'off' in services panel.

Updating from Unity 2018 where I had unity ads 2.2.1 working just fine for years.

This is a cross-platform game (win/osx/android/ios), getting this warning in the editor on all platforms.

In the Unity dashboard the project ID matches what's in Unity, Mediation Partner is set to Unity (not mediated), GameIDs and store IDs are all still set to what I'd expect.

In Project Settings/Services/Unity Mediation the Android / iOS Game IDs are indeed blank.

How to resolve this?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Warning, failed to retrieve game id from Dashboard
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
    3. Unity.Services.Mediation.Settings.Editor.MediationEditorService:OnGameIdRetrieved (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<string, string>) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.mediation@1.0.4/Editor/Settings/MediationEditorService.cs:53)
    4. Unity.Services.Mediation.Dashboard.Editor.DashboardClient:OnGameIdReady (UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest,System.Action`1<System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<string, string>>) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.mediation@1.0.4/Editor/Settings/Dashboard/DashboardClient.cs:176)
    5. Unity.Services.Mediation.Dashboard.Editor.DashboardClient/<>c__DisplayClass16_1:<GetGameIdAsync>b__2 (UnityEngine.AsyncOperation) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.mediation@1.0.4/Editor/Settings/Dashboard/DashboardClient.cs:136)
    6. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent ()

2. Aurigan

Aurigan

3. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

Thanks, I will pass the message to the team to have a better warning/message.

4. NextGENcode

NextGENcode

i am unable to find that button and i have the same issue as you.
    Please can you explain me how to find the "use mediation" button

5. Aurigan

Aurigan

6. NextGENcode

NextGENcode

I cannot find it

upload_2022-12-11_17-4-32.png

HarisKap likes this.
  7. martin_polajner

martin_polajner

same problem ...have you found any solutions

HarisKap likes this.
  8. HarisKap

HarisKap

I try to solve the same issue... Unity gets worst and worst, on latest version apparently I have to use the latest monetisation sdk, no proper documentation, package names have changed. Links pointing to irrelevant pages. why you release something if it's not properly ready?

Cuicui_Studios likes this.
  9. ridley122

ridley122

The mediation option can be found here:
    Monetization -> Settings -> Mediation Partner -> Click the pencil edit icon.
    upload_2023-1-7_17-0-5.png

10. emrehalici

emrehalici

Using 2022.2.2f1. I enabled and set up mediation on the website. I can see the game ids on the dashboard but still get the warnings on the editor. I've tried to re-import the project but it didn't work.

11. wechat_os_Qy06hIF5DiUpguLJT5P_Qi-Wk

wechat_os_Qy06hIF5DiUpguLJT5P_Qi-Wk

Well it's the same here, On the mediation partner i should select Unity LevelPlay right? it's not working though

12. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

Hi, we no longer actively support Unity Mediation for a new project. Please implement the Unity LevelPlay moving forward. You can find the guide in the link below.

https://unity.com/unity-ads-ironsource

13. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

We implemented Unity Ads on an existing project following the docs shown on the Services page, which turns out to be pointing to the legacy Unity Adveretising system. Upon realising that we should be using the Unity Mediation system (we found out about that while trying to update the package, it's nuts), we configured the project both on the Dashboard and in the editor. When switching to Unity Mediation our Unity Ads duplicated in the dashboard. Now no Unity Ad appears on the Editor and we get that warning. What should we do?

[Update] I opened a ticket explaining the situation (that we updated from Unity Ads to the Advertising with Mediation system and Editor cannot connect to Dashboard) and Unity Support answered that they could not provide any asistance with Unity PlayLevel. WTF!? We weren't even asking about PlayLevel...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    DREBOTgamestudio likes this.
  14. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies