Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Warning: Duplicate Shortcut Identifier found (solved)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YoavAsh, Jan 23, 2019.

1. YoavAsh

YoavAsh

When running my project, unity logs this warning:

FPS input is a script file in my project.

Do I need to worry about this, and if so, how do I clear it?

Never mind, it was something to do with VS. Please ignore.

2. jashan

jashan

Would you mind sharing what exactly this had to do with Visual Studio? I'm running into the same issue, and so far haven't found a solution :-(

3. jashan

jashan

Ok, so, it seems that Unity 2018.3 has an issue with CreateAssetMenu(...). I had a few of these, none with "conflicting data" as far as I can tell - but Unity is confused and thinks there are plenty of duplicates. Also, it does fill up the menu with all those duplicates.

So for me, for now, the workaround is commenting out those attributes. I usually don't need them, so it's not that much of an issue for me, at the moment (I'll file a bug report if I can repro this in a minimal project but most likely, there's something in this huge project that triggers this, and if that's the case, there's no way for me to isolate that within a reasonable amount of time).

4. larsoad

larsoad

This problem came up in a project of mine as well. It turns out we had a CreateAssetMenu with menuName "Project/World/Object" and another with "Project/World". Assumedly Unity doesn't like having a menu item and submenu with the same name. In other places (GenericMenu for instance) it works fine and the asset menu seemed to behave correctly in this case, but the only way to get rid of the warning was to rename one of those menus.

michaeleconomy and jashan like this.
  5. Frnce

Frnce

As for me , I think it happens when I accidentally put spaces inside the menu name . E.g : "Character / Skill / Active". and it seems that it will be fixed when you restart the unity, a bit hassle imo

ptr0x and AshAndRustDevShai like this.
  6. capulet2kx

capulet2kx

Using Unity 2019.1.8f1 here, just had this problem show up after migrating to this version.
    I had a subfolder named Animation, e,g, in menuName here:

[CreateAssetMenu(fileName = "AnimationSequenceData", menuName = "Animation/Animation Sequence", order = 2)]

which seems to clash with the unity build in entry for "Animation", and weirdness followed.

I renamed the subfolder from "Animation" to "Animations" and all is working again.

Kasperrr and krearthur like this.