Search Unity

Wanted: Bike / Motorcycle help

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by blacksun, Aug 30, 2010.

1. blacksun

blacksun

Hello, I'm new to unity and the forums. Hi everybody!
    I have 3d experience in Max / Maya and even worked on a boxed PC game title, ages ago, as a 3d artist. I've never been too keen on the more technical aspects though, and I thought I might drop a line here and see what comes up.

I'm interested in doing a game with Unity that will contain a bike/motorcycle in it. I ran through the standard car tutorial, then made a simple bike model in Max and merged it in with the car stuff in unity, changing the 4 wheels for 2 and lowering the mass etc.. but I feel I'm a long way off from anything decent.

I'd like to get a head start on the whole issue and hopefully get help from someone who already has a stable working bike or motorcycle setup. I may even be able to pay to make this happen. I'd love to be able to concentrate on modeling and terrain instead.

Please hit me back here, or PM me if you wish.

Oh, I could trade modeling and texturing work also. Just offering.

Thanks!!!

2. dbp

dbp

hi, welcome to the forums.

i'm afraid i can't really help you with your question, but i justed wanted to make you aware of the collaboration section. you could find a programmer and work on your project together, that way you won't have to worry about scripting at all and the programmer will have a nice project to work on, without even touching a modeling program him-/herself.
    just an idea though, if you want to work on your project by yourself and are just looking for some help then thats totally up to you.