Search Unity

Feedback Want a timescale slider in game view.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nareshbishtasus, Jun 28, 2019.

?

Want a timescale slider in unity

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. nareshbishtasus

nareshbishtasus

Hi,
    Acutally, while testing ur game in editor u generally want to increase time scale so that unnecessary things can be skipped instead of watching all those things again.
    But, currently for increasing the timescale i have to go to project setting then change timescale and then go back to game view and then again set it back to normal it is very time consuming and frustrating. So i was just wondering if u guys can provide a timescale slider in top of game view then it would make unity more easy to use.

Tell me what happen of this feedback.
    Unity is love.
    Thank you.

2. StarManta

StarManta

This would take about a minute and a half to implement yourself. Just use this code
    Code (csharp):
    1. public void SetTimeScale(float newValue) {
    2. Time.timeScale = newValue;
    3. }
    Attach the script to a slider in the UI and hook this up to the dynamic float event from the slider.

nareshbishtasus likes this.
  3. nareshbishtasus

nareshbishtasus

Yeah that can reduce some pain... But to create a script for this in every project and dropping this on an GO in every scene can be painful... And even then i have to pause the game and go set it and then again i have to click maximize on play and play again. So i was just thinking if a slider in top of game view will help as then i dont have to pause and simply can slider the slider and change the value.

Thanks for your reply though... For now i will use that.