Search Unity

Wall control

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Deleted User, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I understand the rationale for the new profile layout, but I like using Unity Connect to display my portfolio and experience, and I don’t really want people checking out my profile to start off seeing a wall of recent likes. I sort of see Unity Connect as Unity’s version of LinkedIn, but with LinkedIn I was only interested in the profile part and didn’t care about anyone’s feed.

And it is actually more inconvenient now to check out what a person has done (which is the first thing I want to do when looking at someone else’s profile, even just to decide whether to follow them), as the various project types are split among different tabs and the work history is sort of hidden in the About Me section to the right.

So, I haven’t put a lot of thought into this, but maybe provide more control over what shows up in All (I would filter out my like activity if I could), or customize which tab shows up first (for me right now, Showcase would be better), add a Projects tab that shows all projects like the company profiles still do (my company profile is still my preferred portfolio display), maybe change “See more” in the About Me to “See experience”....

Goyoman and wccrawford like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Actually, my wall of likes is more a wall of follows.

3. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey technicat,

We are testing different layouts of profile - customizability will probably be in the works soon as there are a few different preferences of one's public profile.

Goyoman, WhendricSo and Deleted User like this.
  4. WhendricSo

WhendricSo

That seems like a really useful feature. I can't wait!