Search Unity

Walking Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by AlanUnity, Oct 20, 2018.

1. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Hey folks, hoping someone can help me. I am trying to do a simple walking animation with one I imported from Maximo. I am not controlling the character with inputs, I am trying to get it to walk to a certain location in the scene via the mecanim . So I have the walking looping nicely in one spot, but when I try to record a new location going forward to simulate the walk is where I am running into trouble. Especially if I try to rotate the character. It seems like the move/rotate tool is staying put back where the animation begins. It is type generic if that helps. Hoping someone can advise me, banging my head of a wall at this point o_O

2. MushiUnity

MushiUnity

hello !!
    I am basically doing the gun animation so i am watching tutorials for it and he said that you have to download animation setup for open animation file... file name(animation.anim)...
    Can anyone give me the link of animation setup... please help

3. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Hey, not sure if it helps...but I got U Motion animation editor from the asset store. Big help for me.

4. MushiUnity

MushiUnity

many thanks i will see it... and in your case JUST WATCH THE tutorials of animation in which they can teach you how to loop your animate and interact with other animations. its easy just search it...

5. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Thank you for the advice man

6. scarofsky

scarofsky

are you using animator.matchTarget?

7. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Thanks for reply :) I haven't used any scripting yet. I am new to this world so am still very green. I am open to it though. I am trying to get my character to navigate around objects in order to reach its end location. Will your suggested script do this, or will the character just take the shortest route? Any nudge in the right direction will be appreciated :)

8. scarofsky

scarofsky

I came into a problem alike, when I am using "target match function" to get my actor to move to a specific location. But it seems that our problems are different.

As for your problem, I suggest you check "applyRootMotion" in your Animator component and don't check base into pose in your animationClip.

9. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Thank you for your help :)

10. HoneyAyaan

HoneyAyaan

Hi There, I want to know how to move a character, i want just when scene starts its player comes out from the room.
    I tried but player does not move its animate that place. Guys help me.

11. HoneyAyaan

HoneyAyaan

Hey Buddy, Is your problem Solve.