Search Unity

Wacom Tablet Issues

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Carpet_Head, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

Hey all,

We are trying to integrate Wacom Tablet input into our software. The main data we want is:
    Pressure
    Barrel Buttons
    Tilt

We have found that 2018.3.11f1 to be pretty unstable in even receiving the pressure data, often it seems to default to a mouse.

In 2019.1.0b11 with 0.2.6-preview, the pressure detection seems to be more reliable, but there is no configuration of the wacom drivers that allows us to accurately receive the barrel button input data. Is there a known issue or anything we can do about this? We are simply using a blank Unity project with the "Input Debugger" for testing.

Also, some windows (Ink) features really take over pen input, causing the pen to act weirdly and not just feed raw data to us

Do you guys have any plans or roadmap for wacom support?

Thanks!

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Been a while since I've looked at pen input and could be it needs a final pass before release. Last I checked, the barrel buttons, pressure and tilt were coming through fine. If you see other behavior with the Pen device in the debugger, please file a ticket on GitHub and we'll take a look.

We haven't yet tested this with Wacom's ink support. Also something that still needs to happen.

Overall (and this is purely my own personal opinion)... in my own use I've found Wacom's ink support so unusable (not assigning blame here; could well be that the APIs here are just a lot of trouble) that I've categorically disabled it. I'm using a MobileStudio Pro and the combination of touch, mouse, and pen input seems to just blow up when ink is enabled. Been about a year, though, that I last gave it a serious try so could well be it's all good now.

3. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

So far in my experience, I only get any response at all on the pen tab of the input debugger if I switch on "Windows Ink". With it switched off I get no data.

It also seems to be relatively hard to get any barrel button data. Did you configure the wacom software or driver's in any specific ways?

I'm using an intuos pro tablet on the latest build of windows 10, with the latest unity and input system