Search Unity

Wacom input support?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by CorruptScanline, Sep 1, 2009.

1. CorruptScanline

CorruptScanline

Searching this forum I have found there is no tablet input support in Unity.So my question is What would be the best way to hack something like this.

The obvious answer to me is to make an external application that writes the wacom tablet info *somewhere* and then unity gets that information from that place.

The only way I know of to do this would be writing to disk, but this would probably be too slow. Would it be possible to access the memory of another application from within unity?

2. Discord

Discord

What exactly are you trying to do with the tablet?

3. CorruptScanline

CorruptScanline

I just want to get pressure and tilt for a possible photo editing program.

4. Discord

Discord

ohh. I understand now. You plan on using the wacom tablet as an input device for your project. Interesting question. I wish I could be a bit more helpful.

5. cosmicmesh

cosmicmesh

You can get access to tablet info (location, pressure, button info, etc) using the .NET Tablet API.

I'm not sure if there is a Mono equivalent. If you are putting together a Windows-only app, you could probably write a small .NET library to grab the info you need (DLL) and access it from your scripts in Unity, or even access it right from C# scripts. If you want to use it on a Mac, I'm just not sure...

Good luck! Keep us posted on what kind of progress you make!