Search Unity

Assets [W.I.P] Destroyed Opera - upcoming triple A environment

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Wawruch2, May 20, 2018.

1. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Hello everyone, i'm Michael, 3D environment artist currently not working for any studio. About a year ago I decided to create something bigger for Unity Asset Store, at the beginning it supposed to be a little 2-3 months environment project.
    I had an idea of the Opera with destroyed roof, little moss here and there, huge hole in the roof and some entrance. Everything optimized and done with modular assets. It supposed to be an arena like Colosseum, where 2 teams can fight each other, with respawns placed at the same distance from the middle.
    I'm here talking year later in a W.I.P topic so you can guess it grew... a bit... I decided to add 2 additionally corridors, a cave attached to one of them and pretty large wardrobe, couple floors with staircases and a lot of foliage, all made from different sets of assets. But it needs to be finished somewhere so here I am.

Whole project is in it's final stage:
    - assets -> done
    - environment -> done
    - shaders -> done
    - particles and audio -> done
    - UI -> done
    - benchmark -> done
    - documentation -> done
    - asset store publication -> done ^.^

Whole environment supports Unity versions from 5.5.3f1 to 2018.1.0f2

I'm trying to create some awareness of it to post a DEMO for tests. I'm going to upload it soon and gather some data to improve upon it before listing all the assets with ready to build demo on Asset Store. If you are interested in checking it out (demo is going to be free of course) or have any questions contact me at wawenvironment@gmail.com or just reply to this thread.

Some screenshots (using free Unity Postprocessing Stack only) without revealing too much:

Download link: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=05Lm&id=1qOTwJuuPpRckCdb4hOwkZey5xVt1guHN

I'll gladly answer any questions :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Rich_A

Rich_A

Its a great starting screenshot but you're let down by the vegetation in the interior. The level of decay of the building (relatively pristine) doesn't match the huge growth of vegetation. It also appears that the vegetation is growing straight out of the concrete, there are no large cracks or dirt visible.

My advice would be to either tone down the vegetation and make it more like the starting image, or increase the decay of the building.

Also, it strikes me more of a Colosseum or arena than an opera.

Wawruch2 likes this.
  3. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Thanks for feedback, you are absolutely right. I decided to leave the amount of vegetation as it is now, tried different patterns before, and i thought it looked very poorly. Today I'll create damage around the grass to make sure that floor around looks completely destroyed, also I'll try to create some more damaged variants of columns and arches to match the vines. Thanks again :)

4. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Looks great!

Wawruch2 likes this.
  5. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Today I finished the 1st respawn, which is also the start of the whole demo. Updates in coming days. :D

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  6. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Alright, I decided to actually improve respawn a bit cause I received information that post-processing looks extremely weird on NON-IPS monitors. With post-processing I reduced the amount of foliage and added some trunks to make it looks like they are holding the roof.

Feedback always appreciated! :)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  7. Neviah

Neviah

This reminds me heavily of Gears of War. It's very beautiful, man. Keep it up!

Wawruch2 likes this.
  8. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

@Neviah Thank you!

Whole demo is finished! I'll post a link to download tomorrow. Any feedback will be gold!

Minimum requirements:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 400 series+ OR Radeon HD5870
    CPU: Everything should be fine
    RAM: At least 2GB of RAM

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Neviah likes this.
  9. AndreasO

AndreasO

Looks very good. Can you give us an overview screenshot on the model assets included in this environment asset? Is it suited for modular design?

10. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Looking forward to trying out the demo :)

Wawruch2 likes this.
  11. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Antypodish and Neviah like this.
  12. Billy4184

Billy4184

Amazing stuff.

Wawruch2 likes this.
  13. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Wawruch2 likes this.
  14. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

15. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

16. blackbird

blackbird

any chance to reduce the price

17. Mauri

Mauri

I don't own it (because I don't need it), but I think the price is justified. Imo, it truly looks AAA.
    If you can't afford it, then maybe wait for a Sale... or try make your own.

18. blackbird

blackbird

the price vary from country to country where i live it cost about 116 euros

19. Mauri

Mauri

This is because of Tax/VAT (Value Added Tax)... which is something you need to take care of by providing a valid Tax Number.

Go to id.unity.com, click on Organizations and press the cogwheel icon next to your name. On the left navigation, click on "Edit Organization". At the very bottom of the site, check "I am exempt from paying consumption tax" and enter your number.

blackbird likes this.
  20. shredingskin

shredingskin

Are you planning on doing a "not destroyed" version or the asset (maybe a texture update ?).

21. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

@shredingskin Hey, currently not, It would require pretty much a full remake of textures and most of the assets. It would be to much of a time investment for me right now.

@blackbird I'll start to join Unity programs for discount in december, 116 euros is pretty a lot, the medium right now is 86 euro, which country are you from?

I'm preparing update currently with every asset containing UV2 channel for lightmaps or shader stuff, it will be aviable soon. I will also add 1-2 materials to the package, no additional charge of course. If you have any request what you would love to see let me know.