Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Vulkan renderer preview feedback thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by strandborg, Sep 29, 2016.

1. strandborg

strandborg

Hi,

I took a quick look at the video memory usage, and didn't notice that vulkan renderer would take any more video memory compared to other renderers. One possible explanation to what you're seeing is that DX11/OpenGL and other high-level graphics APIs automatically swap textures in and out of video memory when it starts becoming full, and we don't have any such automation available yet on Vulkan, or DX12. In any case, swapping textures in and out of video mem is very likely to kill your frame rate, so you should avoid it anyway.

2. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

Thank you for explaining. It does seem likely that's the case, I've seen my VRAM usage reach up to 99% (in OpenGL) on further testing.

3. ImperativeGames

ImperativeGames

When I set Vulcan in PlayerSettings -> Other Settings -> Graphics APIs for Window, the build I make crashes with error
    nvoglv64.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module nvoglv64.dll at 0033:6976df37.
    Latest drivers. Tried it on a lot of Unity versions, currently using 2017.2.0b5 .Crash damp included in the archive.
    That's the right place to set Vulcan on, right?

Also, I have a question: in the Editor it's always DirectX11, it's not changed to Vulkan. Is it correct behaviour?

Attached Files:

4. kalineh

kalineh

Is there any update of Vulkan running with SteamVR? Testing 2017.3b8 it seems to render fine on the PC but renders the home grid in headset; presumably not hooking into SteamVR properly. Should it be working or is it still in future updates?

5. QFSW

QFSW

6. Nocktion

Nocktion

I have just started to use Vulkan on Unity 2019.1. Now every object with a transparent material is getting rendered, but the ones with opaque materials are invisible.