Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vufroria Color recognition

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by unity_31antont, Aug 2, 2019.

1. unity_31antont

unity_31antont

Hello everyone,

In my android project I want to recognize an image of the periodic table. The image target has 4 stars in vuforia site. When i work with black-and-white table, it works fine. But with color table it doesn't work so good. And it's very hard to catch the image to recognize it.

What should I do to make color table well recognizable as black-and-white?

2. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi,

Color will not affect the recognition process, however the colored printout could, due to glossiness.

In this article we describe how the rating system works etc. https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/Optimizing-Target-Detection-and-Tracking-Stability.html ( to keep it short, every color image that you upload to our target manager is being grey scaled/ then we add features to it).

The issue you are facing could be related to following: (if the image recognition works good with grey-scaled images)
    - Target size - the image you printed out is bigger or smaller then the picture uploaded to our TargetManager
    - Printed target flatness - please make sure that the targets are not bend, coiled up, wrinkled etc.
    - Printed target glossiness - colored images printed from modern printers can become glossy under certain angles
    - Viewing angle - steeper angles make the detection hard
    - Lighting conditions

Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019