Search Unity

Vufroria Color recognition

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by unity_31antont, Aug 2, 2019.

1. unity_31antont

unity_31antont

Hello everyone,

In my android project I want to recognize an image of the periodic table. The image target has 4 stars in vuforia site. When i work with black-and-white table, it works fine. But with color table it doesn't work so good. And it's very hard to catch the image to recognize it.

What should I do to make color table well recognizable as black-and-white?

2. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi,

Color will not affect the recognition process, however the colored printout could, due to glossiness.

In this article we describe how the rating system works etc. https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/Optimizing-Target-Detection-and-Tracking-Stability.html ( to keep it short, every color image that you upload to our target manager is being grey scaled/ then we add features to it).

The issue you are facing could be related to following: (if the image recognition works good with grey-scaled images)
    - Target size - the image you printed out is bigger or smaller then the picture uploaded to our TargetManager
    - Printed target flatness - please make sure that the targets are not bend, coiled up, wrinkled etc.
    - Printed target glossiness - colored images printed from modern printers can become glossy under certain angles
    - Viewing angle - steeper angles make the detection hard
    - Lighting conditions

Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019