Search Unity

Vuforia's Forums are Melting

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by socodev, Dec 26, 2018.

1. socodev

socodev

Weirdest thing I've seen all day, just as a heads up to any fellow Vuforia users who might be able to get word to an employee:

- The forum is essentially clogged, 9 pages worth of spam in each sub-forum.
    - 40+ spam accounts
    - Topics range from black magic to tantric bullcrap to other bizarre offers, complete with malicious contact information.

If anyone has the more-immediate ear of a developer or one of their forum admins, seems like a rather pressing issue for anyone who wants to discuss legitimate topics there.

henriqueranj and gohst like this.
  2. gohst

gohst

Huge problem Vuforia seems to be unaware of.
    Wish they'd clean it up.
    I have some serious issues re. AR tracking glitches using Unity 2018.2.10f1 / 2018.3.0f2 and Vuforia 7.5.20 / 7.5.26 that earlier versions of Unity and Vuforia never had that needs posting in the forum soon
    Can't do it w the current mess in there.

3. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

The Vuforia forums issue is resolved, and we are monitoring to insure future events are quickly mitigated. We'll also evaluate ways to insure future interruptions do not occur.

Thank you for your patience.
    -Vuforia Engine Support

rob_ice likes this.
  4. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hi @meedabit , does Vuforia also plan to upgrade their forums? Currently it is quite a difficult forum framework to work with as it lacks several features such as: notification for responses, following threads, etc.

Even though I always try to stick to the Unity Forums for any Vuforia questions, there is still a lot of relevant information in the Vuforia Forums.

5. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @henriqueranj,

We are currently evaluating the future of the existing Vuforia forums. We are aware of the current forum's limitations (I live with it every day ;)) and that it needs additional features for our developers to be effective.

We are also sensitive to the importance of the existing Vuforia forum content to our developers.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

rob_ice likes this.