Search Unity

Vuforia Zoom in

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by anarhist1994, Dec 8, 2017.

1. anarhist1994

anarhist1994

Hey,

I'm trying to implement a Zoom-in feature on my app,
    I tried to override the field of view of the camera but it won't work because Vuforia overrides too.

I've tried to manually see how Vuforia overrides it and as far as I got is finding this code:

Code (csharp):
    2.   void Awake()
    3.     {
    4.         GetComponent<Camera>().fieldOfView = 90f;
    5.     }
    I'd love to know where Vuforia overrides the variables of the camera so I can try and implement this myself.

Thanks.

Walbert-Schmitz likes this.
  2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @anarhist1994

Vuforia overrides the Field of View value to optimize the AR experience. While it is possible to zoom in your camera, it is not recommended as the SDK is optimized for use with the default zoom level of the device's camera.

Thanks

3. justdizzy

justdizzy

So how does one manually change the FOV? I am using Vuforia in a stereoscopic VR (no passthrough video) engine, and when I try like the OP, I get a warning/error "Cannot set field of view on this camera while VR is enabled."

I am using Unity 2017.3.1p2

4. michelattin

michelattin

how can i zoom in my AR camera.can i use unity pinch zoom script with AR camera

5. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

hi @michelattin,
    your end user can of course zoom in to an augmentation by moving closer to your trackable. this is a very intuitive way of interacting with AR content. but an alternative solution might be to use the pinch gesture to set the scale of your augmentation. This way you can zoom in on the augmentation without changing your physical distance to your trackable.

meedabit and Vuforia-Strasza like this.
  6. michelattin

michelattin

suppose i want to detect an image which is at a distance ,can i zoom in my ar camera like normal camera to detect the image?

7. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

Camera zoom is not a feature that Vuforia supports. Zooming the camera fundamentally changes the intrinsic parameters of the camera, specifically the focal length, which degrades the accuracy of tracking.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

8. michelattin

michelattin

okay thanks for the reply.