Search Unity

Vuforia & WRLD

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Undiscovered, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Undiscovered

Undiscovered

Hi all

I've recently been trying to implement a WRLD world into my Vuforia scene. However when I launch the app, the WRLD meshes are not visible. Has anyone been able to get WRLD + Vuforia to work?

Thanks

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

How are you setting this up in your scene? Are you trying to get this to work with an AR scene, or are you wanting to use this to create a VR experience?

3. Undiscovered

Undiscovered

Sorry, I am trying to set this up as an AR scene. Do you have any documentation on how to achieve?

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

We don't have any documentation specific to getting WRLD working with Vuforia, but we have documentation for getting started available here https://library.vuforia.com/ as well as samples on the Unity Asset Store that can help you get started.

How were you planning on showing your WRLD world in relation to AR? Were you wanting it to render when you scanned a target?

5. Undiscovered

Undiscovered

Yeah I was hoping to scan a target and then the WRLD world would load in AR.

6. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

What have you tried that didn't work? You should be able to set the WRLD as a child of an ImageTarget and render it when the target is detected.

7. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I have question about WRLD and not Vuforia. Maybe this is not the place but there is no WRLD dedicated forum.

Is it possible to use WRLD to import one location, say a few blocks of one town, save it as in a 3D scene and be able to use it in an OFFLINE game. And by 'be able to use', I mean to be able to walk around in those few blocks, and look around in it (as those city blocks and buildings were built by hand with 3D models that I created).

8. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

Hi TokyoDan, you're probably able to save a piece of WRLD as offline data. I haven't done it, but since you can see the meshes in the game view in your Unity Editor I would assume there's a way to store it for later use. Might not be documented, might not be an official feature. You might have to write an editor script or something.
    About your choice for this thread... I was wondering if you're aware that Vuforia does not do GPS location tracking? You can use Unity's LocationService to figure out where you are in the real world.

9. WRLD3D

WRLD3D

Thanks for your interest in WRLD!

Unfortunately that wouldn't be possible as currently the WRLD APIs require an Internet connection to stream data. The data is then cached to improve performance, but an Internet connection is still required to request the data. The ability to use our maps offline is a commonly requested feature and investigating how we could achieve it is on our road map, but until that exploratory work is complete we won't have an expected delivery date.