Search Unity

Vuforia UWP no webcam

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Boi, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Boi

Boi

Hi,

I'm using Vuforia v6.2.10 and Unity 5.5.2f1. I can build for UWP and open in Visual Studio 2015 and even run the application. But the webcam doesn't seem to be working. I see no picture and no markers are detected. Everything is fine in the Unity Editor.

The WebCam checkbox is turned on at the Capabilities Publish Settings.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Boi

2. ThatDarnCat

ThatDarnCat

Unity Technologies

3. Boi

Boi

Actually, Vuforia does support UWP, which runs on Windows 10 desktop as well. In fact we solved this issue. When openning the UWP build Visual Studio solution, and running it in Visual Studio, the Visual Studio debugger showed "Vuforia stopped working". Turns out we had way to many drawcalls in our scene. We tackled that, made an appx and installed in on our desktop. Long story short, the applacation we build runs on Windows 10 and uses the webcam.

kafloreshernandez and sbagchi like this.
  4. ThatDarnCat

ThatDarnCat

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the update on how you managed to get this working.

5. zqckzqck

zqckzqck

In unity Editor ,I can use CameraDevice.Instance.SetFrameFormat(Image.PIXEL_FORMAT.RGBA8888, true); to register FrameFormat Successfully.And ,to update profiles.xml files(Vuforia\Editor\WebcamProfiles, i use with Logitech HD Webcam 920),the Vuforia' API Vuforia.Image image = CameraDevice.Instance.GetCameraImage(Image.PIXEL_FORMAT.RGBA8888); can return a image.The Image is not null,and its width and heigth is 1920 and 1080.
    But when I pack up the project to UWP platform,
    CameraDevice.Instance.SetFrameFormat(Image.PIXEL_FORMAT.RGBA8888, true)
    return false;
    Vuforia.Image image = CameraDevice.Instance.GetCameraImage(Image.PIXEL_FORMAT.RGBA8888);
    return NULL;

the address of project:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1o81LcAe

6. danilocjr

danilocjr

Great News!! Could you share with us the solution?

I'm not managing to get this thing done... :(

denubi and tanoshimi like this.
  7. denubi

denubi

Had anyone made Vuforia work for UWP?
    When I generate appx it installs fine, it starts fine, but I see back screen all the time.

8. farkas93

farkas93

Hey Boi,
    I was thinking about using Vuforia for object tracking with a webcam on Windows. Is there any chance that you have a dummy project you have uploaded/ would upload to a git repo so others can check it out how you made it work?