Search Unity

Vuforia & Unity database load problem

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Arkadiy_S, May 11, 2018.

1. Kingsburry

Kingsburry

@aminaabidi353 I'm having the same issue too with that version. Anyone know why this is causing us issues??

2. Laralessandra

Laralessandra

Hi!

I've the same problem with Unity 2019.1.4.f1 and Vuforia 8.1.11.
    I already made a image target and tested it 2 or 3 times successfully before the error message occured.

Now no database can be found and also in my image target there occures the EMPY message.

Haven't tried to edit the xml file yet with change of "." and ",". I'm using German language.

Can you help me out? See the fotos.
    Greetings

Attached Files:

3. Laralessandra

Laralessandra

as you can read above you dont have to tick it. thats an information. you had to tick it in previous versions

4. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @Laralessandra,

This is symptomatic of not importing a Vuforia Engine device database via the Unity Editor: Assets->Import Package->Custom Package... If you want the device database to appear in the inspector, you need to import the .unitypackage file downloaded from the Target Manager by this mechanism.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

5. VotrePseudo

VotrePseudo

Hello @meedabit

I have 2 problems and I don't know if they are related:
    • the first one is about the trackable not found in Dataset while the database is there (image1 and image2) but I am still able to detect the bike and get my AR experience.
    • [SOLVED] the second one occurs at the end of my AR experience, when I go back to the menu (in another scene), I sometimes get the errors from image3 (but not always). I noticed that when I check the
       trackableBehaviours
      just after using the
      ReassociateBehaviour()
      , I have the result from image4 (while my database should just be the modeltarget) and it become result from image5 when I leave the scene.
    I am using Unity 2019.1.6f1 and Vuforia 8.1.11. Do you know if they are related and what can I do to resolve these problems? (EDIT: answer to first question is no)

Thank you in advance

EDIT: I found the solution for the second error: I call the function where I use
    DestroyTrackableBehaviourForTrackable
    when I hit the button to leave the scene instead of calling it in
    onDestroy()
    (to make sure it is the first function called) and it works. But I still have the first error and, even if it is not a blocking one, if you know what I can do to correct it, I would be thankful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  6. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @VotrePseudo,

Is there still a lingering question? I'm not clear on if you've self-resolved your questions.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

7. VotrePseudo

VotrePseudo

Hello @meedabit,

Thank you for your reply.
    I still have the error "could not associate dataset" but it is not a blocking one (my app still run even with the error) so if you know what causes this kind of problem, I am interested in knowing what to do to solve it but it is more of a luxury than something I really need

8. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @VotrePseudo,

Unfortunately, I don't have any good suggestions for resolving this last error other than grepping your project's *.cs files to see if there is a stale reference to this target lying around somewhere.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

9. VotrePseudo

VotrePseudo

Hello @meedabit,

Ok, thank you for your answers and your time. I'll look into it.

meedabit likes this.
  10. BeardBadshah

BeardBadshah

thank you the perfect answer i am finding

11. ekarlia

ekarlia

Hi @meedabit

I'm new to Unity and Vuforia and I've a similar problem as @AttanoAiden

When I do Assets > Import Package > Custom Package ...
    and choose my generated database from Vuforia Develop, I receive this message in the Unity Console (see image below).

I guess that is the problem why my HoloLens can't detect my images.
    Thank you in advance!

Unity 2018.4.14f1
    Vuforia 8.3.8

Attached Files:

12. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @ekarlia
    Would it be possible to share with me the unity package? that you are trying to import?
    Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support

13. ekarlia

ekarlia

Yes, of course. It is my own DB I created.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

14. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @ekarlia
    I imported it and didn't get any errors. I guess you imported the same DBTEST and got the issue?
    Could you please import it in a new project? if this fails would it be possible to re-download the db from Target Manager and try it again.
    Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support

15. ekarlia

ekarlia

Hi @Sika_MC

I'm thankful for your help. I don't receive these errors today when I tried again, very strange but thank you.
    Unfortunately, I can still not detect my images.

I have tried to import DBTest to the Vuforia sample project (and also modified the holograms a bit). If I compare how the database files looks in the Vuforia sample downloaded from Vuforia (they have an earth symbol on the xml file) with how it looks with my imported database (DBTest), it differs see "change_db_image.PNG". Has it to do something with that somehow? And why does the database files have different "icons" ?

I have also tried to create a new app (see build.PNG) for HoloLens with my own database (DBTest). I really don't understand why the app crashes after 3 seconds?

Thank you in advance! I appreciate it a lot!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  16. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @ekarlia
    Agree, strange, could you check in your project path in windows and confirm that the file is an xml?

Also in regards to not recognizing your image Targets, the first check is to see if you have set up a license, could you please do a sanity check?
    If you have a license, would it be possible to get the console output when using the Core sample apps for Hololens? or any log dump when the Core sample app is working and not recognizing would be helpful.

Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support

17. ekarlia

ekarlia

Hello @Sika_MC
    Thank you for your time and for your help!

I updated my Unity to 2018.4.16f1 and succeeded to add DBTest to the Core Vuforia Sample Project and change an ImageTarget to one of my own and placed another hologram above. So I can now detect my images.

1.) But I can't create a scene with ImageTargets in an own new project. I have followed all the steps for the settings (from the Core sample app for HoloLens). After I deploy successfully the app to my HoloLens (via Visual Studio), the app runs for 3 seconds and then crashes. Do you have an idea what it could depend on? What do I miss?

2.) And also, if I want to combine Mixed Reality Toolkit (MRTK v2) with Vuforia, how do I do with the cameras? See image.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  18. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @ekarlia,
    Could you please provide a log when the app crashes?
    In regards to your second question, we launched new samples for Hololens which demo Vuforia with MRKT. Could you please go over our implementation?
    Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support

19. nd801303

nd801303

Help!!!
    I am not able to open a Vuforia database with the Unity window that helps in importing it in a Unity file.
    How do I do it?

20. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

hi @aminaabidi353 You don't need to tick the database. Could yo uplease also use a more recent version of Vuforia? We just launched 9.0.12. As you are new to Unity/Vuforia, my advice would be to install the Vuforia Core Sample app from the Asset Store and test our features.
    Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support

21. beyzakaragoz

beyzakaragoz

I have the same problem "Databases will be automatically loaded and activated if it's TrackingBehaviour is enabled on scene load". I added the target on the scene but nothings has change. PLEASE HELPPP!!!!

22. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @beyzakaragoz
    What is the issue you are facing?
    Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support

23. jedai747

jedai747

24. sanjujohn748

sanjujohn748

Hey im facing this error

Package does not contain valid import settings for: Assets/Editor/Vuforia/ImageTargetTextures/AR_Demo/qofspades_scaled.jpg

Attached Files:

25. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @sanjujohn748,
    The image Target does need to be a child of the AR Camera.
    Did you create the Image Target using the Target Manager?
    Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support