Search Unity

Question Vuforia SDK import fail on empty project "No 'git' executable was found"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by HSA_Architektura, Jan 18, 2021.

1. HSA_Architektura

HSA_Architektura

Hello,
    Sorry if the question is too basic, or sloved already, but I can't find anything simple enough for my needs.

I've been doing some Vuforia projects 1yr ago, but didn't touch it since. Now I want to do the same simple example project with the students, but new version of Vuforia SDK with Unity 2020.2.1f1 does not work for me.

I'm downloading Vuforia SDK from their site and simply import custom package which leads to following prompt:

error_prompt.jpg

I've tried to load package to older Unity (v 2020.1.0a15) and tried to install Unity and Vuforia SDK on different computer, but it didn't work as well.

What should i do to add Vuforia SDK into empty project on all devices without previous set up?

My biggest problem with following issue is that I want to show simple example to my students and ask them to recreate results on their own devices! Otherwise I'd fix everything on devices in our LAB, but due to covid restrictions it's impossible. Therefore any sollution that requires individual treatment is highly undeisrable, as we would lose most of the time for fixing this issue.

Is there a simple sollution that will work on all devices regardless of initial conditions if unity wasn't previously installed on those devices?
    All my students will install Unity for the first time, on their devices tomorrow, or in few days, most of them has no previous expirience with Unity, or any type of development environment and varying expirience with computers, so sollutions which requires programming skills, or deep knowledge of environment will be extremally hard for individual explination.

Thanks in advance for all sollutions!

felipesabores likes this.
  2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

It seems that the Vuforia Package is provided via GIT and you do not seem to have git installed on the machine.

felipesabores and PraetorBlue like this.
  3. HSA_Architektura

HSA_Architektura

Ok, I did download GIT, installed it and now, on import of Vuforia SDK I get:

An error occurred while resolving packages:
    Project has invalid dependencies:
    com.ptc.vuforia.engine: Error when executing git command. fetch-pack: unexpected disconnect while reading sideband packet
    fatal: early EOF
    fatal: index-pack failed

A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of H:/XXXX/XXXX/TEST/Packages/manifest.json file.

how do I resolve this?

felipesabores likes this.
  4. felipesabores

felipesabores

Same issue here...

HSA_Architektura likes this.
  5. vritisatija

vritisatija

Were u able to resolve the issue??