Search Unity

Vuforia or EasyAR

Discussion in 'AR' started by philspitlerSF, May 22, 2019.

1. philspitlerSF

philspitlerSF

Hi, I'm about to start a project that is a pretty basic AR app.

Imagine a physical book with 40 photographs, each photo activates a video when the user scans it with the app.

I have it working great using Unity / Vuforia but recently somebody suggested EasyAR instead.

I'd actually prefer a webAR app to avoid Apple and Google App store woes but I don't believe there is anything out there that is ready to go,

Any thought on this?

2. paweleck

paweleck

From my experience Vuforia has terrible support, turorials arent being updated after API updates, Vurofia updates break Unity, Unity updates break Vuforia, it is a one big mess. I do not recommend.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  3. philspitlerSF

philspitlerSF

@paweleck thanks for the info, do you have any experience with EasyAR?

Curious if you think it's a viable alternative to Vuforia.

4. eangulee

eangulee

from my experience, i think Vuforia provide more better stability than EasyAR,so i recommend to use vuforia.

5. lloydhooson

lloydhooson

Sorry to hijack, have you seen "8th wall"? (this is not a recommendation just it's not mentioned). This provides web AR. but is not unity based for the web. It is does have a unity plugin for android and ios.

6. philspitlerSF

philspitlerSF

I didn't think that 8th Wall did Image Targets for Web AR.. Has that changed?

7. lloydhooson

lloydhooson

yes it has, quite recently.

8. adelajoel

adelajoel

EasyAR allows you to use image tracking and other features for free and without watermarks, contrast to Vuforia which limits you to a certain amount of installs.