Search Unity

Vuforia OntrackingLost Function Doesn't Work when Device tracker is Enabled?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Y76_Unity, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Y76_Unity

Y76_Unity

I am facing the following problem: when I want to place an object in the Scene it moves around, I need it to stay in its place so it must be an anchor object.

Unfortunately, we can't anchor an object in Vuforia without Using Plane Ground detection.

Moreover after "Enabling Plane Ground Detection", the augmented object appear and never gets lost and the function "onTrackingLost" never triggered. It seems that this function is not automatically being Called and not working!

How can we solve this issue, please ?!

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

The behavior ""onTrackingLost" never triggered" is the correct functionality for the positional device tracker, used in the Ground Plane and Extended Tracking features. In this use case, Vuforia is tracking elements of the environment and not a target, so the idea that tracking being lost does not exist as the environment around you is continually being mapped.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

3. Y76_Unity

Y76_Unity

then How to insert a static object in the scene, I mean (an object that doesn't move with the camera ) without Ground Detection?

4. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @Y76_Unity,

Having a static object like you describe, without using Ground Plane, would require a device that actively maps the environment to provide 6DoF device tracking, like HoloLens.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support