Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vuforia on android just gets the first frame and then freezes camera, app still works

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by andrei2002, Nov 8, 2018.

1. andrei2002

andrei2002

So i have a button that enables the vuforia ARcamera and when i press it, it just gives me a frame of the video and that's all, i can still press my back button and the rest of the app works just fine. Sometimes i don't even get the frame, it's just dark. On PC works fine, no problem and quality of the video is very good. I haven't found any answers yet, I hope that someone can help me. Thanks! ^_^
    EDIT: after using adb logcat -s Unity in cmd for my android device i found this: Camera2: only LEGACY hardware level is supported.
    EDIT 2: front facing camera works but it's useless, i need my back camera :(

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Jarediavionic

Jarediavionic

I wish i would have seen this 2 months ago cause i had the same issue but i cant remember how i solved it. Check around the Ar Camera settings to see if you can tell it which camera to use. Also check when your playing on your pc to see if it gives you any information that may cause it to crash on android and not pc cause i ran into that :(