Search Unity

Vuforia Model Target Issue

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by bhavani_dm, Nov 12, 2018.

1. bhavani_dm

bhavani_dm

Hello,

I am using unity3d 2018.2.11 and Vuforia 7.5 Model Target. Object is Recognizing properly. But I am facing lot of jittering problem. I want 100% accuracy in model Target for my Project. I am loading the entire car model for testing. Using front view for tracking. once it is tracked i want object to be placed without moving. Please help me to solve this.

Thanks in Advance

2. Jarediavionic

Jarediavionic

I have found that the Vuforia Model target is much more accurate on my Android phone over the hololens personally.

3. bhavani_dm

bhavani_dm

But I tried with iPad also ... Loading the full car model by scanning front view .... I am finding some jittering problem in iPad also... Are you doing any work arounds in the coding ?

4. Jarediavionic

Jarediavionic

@bhavani_dm

I am afraid not. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I get it to appear and then I walk around it 1-2 times. After the 1-2 time walk around i found that the accuracy vastly improves to near perfect non-movement. That being said i could never get the same quality/result from the iPhone/Ipad. Not quite sure why the android phone works better, maybe something in the coding or improved camera.

Have you tried the model target on any other objects, cars are very hard objects for most scanning/photogrammetry/tracking programs due to their shape/size/reflectivity? The object I was tracking was an odd shape but it didn't have the properties of a car.